bobcat 773g heater installation info

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Matt773

hey everyone. i just bought a 2002 773g and im putting an auxilay heater in, i have the coolant lines hooked up already but i dont know where a safe place is to hook 12 volts to the 2 speed fan( other than directly to the battery) shouldnt there be a harness somewhere for a factory heater? it has a 25 amp fuse which is powered in the fuse panel for heater/A/C. any info would be very helpful thanks.

OldMachinist

The 25amp heater fuse goes to wire number 1140 in connector C401. The ground is wire 2730 in the same connector. Wiring diagram doesn't say what color 1140 is. I'll dig a little further later today to see if I can find out where connector C401 is.

OldMachinist

The 25amp heater fuse goes to wire number 1140 in connector C401. The ground is wire 2730 in the same connector. Wiring diagram doesn't say what color 1140 is. I'll dig a little further later today to see if I can find out where connector C401 is.
I uploaded the heater installation instructions that covers the 773G here.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?rawaak415d74ghr
It shows the accessory connector for the heater is on the left side above the headliner.

OP
OP
M

Matt773

I uploaded the heater installation instructions that covers the 773G here.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?rawaak415d74ghr
It shows the accessory connector for the heater is on the left side above the headliner.
thank you very much oldmachinist!!! i now have heat!!, should work even better next week when the door comes in. thanks again.

bronkobillie

thank you very much oldmachinist!!! i now have heat!!, should work even better next week when the door comes in. thanks again.
what type of heater are you using it looks factory according to these directions and i cant find maradyne offering that type of heater

OP
OP
M

Matt773

what type of heater are you using it looks factory according to these directions and i cant find maradyne offering that type of heater
I built my own heater. What I did was made an 8" cube out of 1/8" sheet metal, cut a hole in the back and placed a heater core in through a hole I cut in the top. So any air coming into the box goes through the heater core. On the front side I mounted a 7" 2 speed fan then made a cover with 2 defrost and 1 foot louver. I mounted it between my feet under the door sil. Throws alot of heat. Still waiting patiently for my door and side glass kit though. I'm trying to figure out how to post some pics of it right shortly.