Bobcat 763H alternator belt

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

chevy2005

I want to replace the alternator belt as mine is frayed. What needs to be done to resolve my situation. We started and alternator is in such a difficult spot I began to doubt our ability. Is this a 'remove the engine' project.? thanks

HarryN

Are you working on it with the cab raised so that you can get to the alternator?
I just replaced mine for the same reason (763F). OM is right. Raise the cab for better access.
I also removed the plastic water reservoir in the back (right side) to make it easier to reach in there. seems you always have to move stuff out of the way to get where you need to go!!
 photo Bobcat7638-20-11004-1.jpg

OP
OP
C

chevy2005

I just replaced mine for the same reason (763F). OM is right. Raise the cab for better access.
I also removed the plastic water reservoir in the back (right side) to make it easier to reach in there. seems you always have to move stuff out of the way to get where you need to go!!
I lifted the cab for better access. As I see it, one needs to remove numerous lines including one line that is needed to accommodate high flo pump that is attached to bottom drive. Not sure how. Can one access by removing protective plate along the bottom. thanks