bobcat 643 hydros not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

melton332

I have a bobcat 643 that I recently bought from a buddy. The thing ran great but had a broken belt so in order to replace it the guy dissconnected everything and basically removed the motor to fix it. I have everything put back together and it runs but I am having trouble with the hyrdos. The arm lift and tilt doesnt want to work and the forward and back works slightly but will die if I push the handles to far forward or back. Is there air in the system? If so How do I go about bleeding it off?

jerry

I don't understand why the engine was removed to replace a belt? Check the oil level in the hydraulic reservoir first and if it is full block the machine up securely so all wheels are off the ground and then operate the levers. if there is a problem with oil supply you don't want anything to be under any stress until you figure out what is wrong.

jlmoon

I don't understand why the engine was removed to replace a belt? Check the oil level in the hydraulic reservoir first and if it is full block the machine up securely so all wheels are off the ground and then operate the levers. if there is a problem with oil supply you don't want anything to be under any stress until you figure out what is wrong.
Belt breakage? Could be result of catastrophic pump internals failure?

Tazza

Staff member
Belt breakage? Could be result of catastrophic pump internals failure?
I think what Jerry means is that the 643 was direct drive.... no drive belt to break, only an alternator/waterpump belt.
Could there be a fuel issue causing the engine to just be very low on power? as you said it was removed to replace the belt?

Latest posts