Bobcat 630 Wisconsin VH4d with tapered shaft repower

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

junkman

the coupler on my 632 bolts to the engine flywheel and slides onto the splines of the pump. i have the 4cyl ford engine but a friend has a 4cyl wisconsin engine on a bobcat,trencher and a waterpunp and he swears by them. like tazz says it would be easier to stay orignal than to rigg something up. ps your 630 dosen't have a place for a radiator. good luck any way you go.
i have a 700m bobcat and was going to convert from a vh4d to a vg4d a lot of work ,have to have a fly wheel with a flange mount lower the moter mount plate 1in.I rebuilt my vh4d for under $1000 and that was buying a new intake and all.i have the phone number if anyone wants it for the rebuild kit,had $400 in the rebuild kit and about 350 in the machine work.

iaagteacher

i have a 700m bobcat and was going to convert from a vh4d to a vg4d a lot of work ,have to have a fly wheel with a flange mount lower the moter mount plate 1in.I rebuilt my vh4d for under $1000 and that was buying a new intake and all.i have the phone number if anyone wants it for the rebuild kit,had $400 in the rebuild kit and about 350 in the machine work.
Junkman, would love to have the number. Dad called last night and said the 610 was making a bad noise and needs to be rebuilt. a new motor or repower is about 3000. Love the idea of a 400 dollar rebuild kit.

bozinski

This is my first post on this forum, been scouring the internet for a few days now looking for exactly the info in this old post. Unfortunately, it looks like "junkman" hasn't been around here for a long time. I also have a 700M Bobcat with a destroyed VH4D. I also have a VG4D out of an old swather that I'd like to use in the Bobcat. Anyone know if a VG4D will fit in the 700M, and if so, is there such a thing out there as a flywheel for the VG4D that has a flange mount for the coupling? Anyone done this swap before? I've read so much about tapered crank shafts and hardened gears in the Wisconsins, is it possible to swap the VH4d for a VG4D?

6brnorma

This is my first post on this forum, been scouring the internet for a few days now looking for exactly the info in this old post. Unfortunately, it looks like "junkman" hasn't been around here for a long time. I also have a 700M Bobcat with a destroyed VH4D. I also have a VG4D out of an old swather that I'd like to use in the Bobcat. Anyone know if a VG4D will fit in the 700M, and if so, is there such a thing out there as a flywheel for the VG4D that has a flange mount for the coupling? Anyone done this swap before? I've read so much about tapered crank shafts and hardened gears in the Wisconsins, is it possible to swap the VH4d for a VG4D?
bozinski……I did some cross reference and here is what I can tell you. The crank in the M610 and the M700 are the same…..up until serial number 11001…..then it changes to a different crank. The M700 uses the same hardened crank gear but I have no idea why when none of the other gears that are hardened in the M610 are hardened in the M700. There is no hydraulic pump driven off the distributer shaft on the M700 as is the case with the M610 and the tapered crank shaft is simply covered on the M700. These are all things that made it impossible to drop a "baler" VH4D engine into an M610…..so with those obstacles removed it "Might" be possible to go with the VG4D. However, in cross referencing the VH4D and the VG4D, I found almost no parts numbers that crossed over with the two engines. The VG4D has a different pt# for the block so I'm not sure of the dimensions of the VG4D engine. I have never worked with a VG4D in my life so with that said….I would be very careful about proceeding. Hopefully some one can give you more information then I have.

bozinski

bozinski……I did some cross reference and here is what I can tell you. The crank in the M610 and the M700 are the same…..up until serial number 11001…..then it changes to a different crank. The M700 uses the same hardened crank gear but I have no idea why when none of the other gears that are hardened in the M610 are hardened in the M700. There is no hydraulic pump driven off the distributer shaft on the M700 as is the case with the M610 and the tapered crank shaft is simply covered on the M700. These are all things that made it impossible to drop a "baler" VH4D engine into an M610…..so with those obstacles removed it "Might" be possible to go with the VG4D. However, in cross referencing the VH4D and the VG4D, I found almost no parts numbers that crossed over with the two engines. The VG4D has a different pt# for the block so I'm not sure of the dimensions of the VG4D engine. I have never worked with a VG4D in my life so with that said….I would be very careful about proceeding. Hopefully some one can give you more information then I have.
6brnorma, thanks for that info, it's more than I had before, and makes me think that maybe this swap would be more trouble than it's worth. If you can't drop a baler VH4D engine into a 610, it seems unlikely that you could drop a swather VG4D into a 700. The main issue I'd like to know about is the coupling. The flywheel on this VG4D is different than the one on the VH4D. The VH4D has a flat center where the coupling bolts on with 4 bolts, while the VG4D has a cone shaped center, so there is no where to bolt on the original coupling. I'm looking to find out if there is a different coupling I could use with the original flywheel, or a different flywheel I could use with the original coupling. And a different flywheel would have to fit on the shaft of the VG4D, so I need to know if the VG4D shaft is tapered or not. Long story short, is it possible to hook up the VG4D to the pump somehow? The rest I can figure out by trial & error.