bobcat 530 hydraulic fluid leaking into bottom?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

antfarmer2

i'm ready to unbolt the motors but the clutch disc's are at the end of the motor, do i need to wrench the nut off on the end?
Just looked at loaderpartsource and by the pic in there it looks like you have a cotter key and a castle nut too take off can't tell if the seal is in the motor or not

Tazza

Staff member
i'm ready to unbolt the motors but the clutch disc's are at the end of the motor, do i need to wrench the nut off on the end?
I wasn't 100% sure if your model had a motor carrier/gearbox or not. The older ones did have the sprockets mounted to the shaft of the drive motor, the others did not, they just slid out of the carrier.
If yours are mounted inside, you will need to un-do the bolts inside, but i don't believe the chains need to be taken off.

antfarmer2

I wasn't 100% sure if your model had a motor carrier/gearbox or not. The older ones did have the sprockets mounted to the shaft of the drive motor, the others did not, they just slid out of the carrier.
If yours are mounted inside, you will need to un-do the bolts inside, but i don't believe the chains need to be taken off.
Did some home work for you I think you have a ross drive motor and your serial # is under 13999 if the seal is in the drive motor you can get the seal kit from loaderpartsource not sure if they are timed or not becareful and use blue locktight on the threads to seal

OP
OP
kdfergie

kdfergie

Did some home work for you I think you have a ross drive motor and your serial # is under 13999 if the seal is in the drive motor you can get the seal kit from loaderpartsource not sure if they are timed or not becareful and use blue locktight on the threads to seal
how do i post a picture?

OP
OP
kdfergie

kdfergie

i have a picture of it but can't post it? how can I do that.

OP
OP
kdfergie

kdfergie

here's the picture showing the brake disc's, looks like nuts or bolts on the inside of each drive motors

OP
OP
kdfergie

kdfergie

I used a 1 3/4 inch wrench to loosen the nuts on the inside of the drives, and I turned the locks on the inside of the nuts to slide off the brake disc's. take a link out of the front drive chains, and then loosen the motors, hold the end of the motors towards the front and rotate the back chains to get them off. I brought the motors in and found out the shaft was worn, so I had them plated and cut back down to the original size and resealed the motors.

Tazza

Staff member
I used a 1 3/4 inch wrench to loosen the nuts on the inside of the drives, and I turned the locks on the inside of the nuts to slide off the brake disc's. take a link out of the front drive chains, and then loosen the motors, hold the end of the motors towards the front and rotate the back chains to get them off. I brought the motors in and found out the shaft was worn, so I had them plated and cut back down to the original size and resealed the motors.
Nice work, hopefully they will be leak free for a long time now.

lph3ski

i have the same 530 bobcat with fluid in chain case? i suppose i will need to do the same fix on this as well? just aquired this skid steer and thought it was normal. my ques on this also is lost the lift and bucket control for this cat. Could this be related to this leak? unit moves back and forth great just have no control with bucket or arms? any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

OP
OP
kdfergie

kdfergie

i have the same 530 bobcat with fluid in chain case? i suppose i will need to do the same fix on this as well? just aquired this skid steer and thought it was normal. my ques on this also is lost the lift and bucket control for this cat. Could this be related to this leak? unit moves back and forth great just have no control with bucket or arms? any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks!
I would take the motors out and have them rebuilt, I had to rebuild the shafts on my motors. So I took them to a hydraulic place and they sprayed welded the shafts and resealed the motors. It was 1/3 the costs of new motors. The skid loader works great now, and that will fix your lifting problems too. Just remember to get the motors out you just need to break the chains on the drive wheels going to the front, the back chains you can loosen the motors and point the gears to the rear and slip off the chains

lph3ski

I would take the motors out and have them rebuilt, I had to rebuild the shafts on my motors. So I took them to a hydraulic place and they sprayed welded the shafts and resealed the motors. It was 1/3 the costs of new motors. The skid loader works great now, and that will fix your lifting problems too. Just remember to get the motors out you just need to break the chains on the drive wheels going to the front, the back chains you can loosen the motors and point the gears to the rear and slip off the chains
ok who would be able to spray seal these motor? Someone like a hudraulic shop? Also why would the unit have lifted before until now? i thought maybe i caused an issue with the bucket and lift? Thanks!

OP
OP
kdfergie

kdfergie

ok who would be able to spray seal these motor? Someone like a hudraulic shop? Also why would the unit have lifted before until now? i thought maybe i caused an issue with the bucket and lift? Thanks!
I brought my motors into Hydraulic World and they told me the shafts where worn and they wanted to sell me two new motors for $2500.00, I paid $800.00 to have the shafts rebuilt. so i would call around and ask the shops first if they spray welded and then ask them to rebuild the your motors. My loader did the same thing it squealed and the bucket shook. after I rebuilt the motors it ran great again. You don't have all the oil leaking down into your case

lph3ski

I brought my motors into Hydraulic World and they told me the shafts where worn and they wanted to sell me two new motors for $2500.00, I paid $800.00 to have the shafts rebuilt. so i would call around and ask the shops first if they spray welded and then ask them to rebuild the your motors. My loader did the same thing it squealed and the bucket shook. after I rebuilt the motors it ran great again. You don't have all the oil leaking down into your case
Yes i noticed a line of fluid around where i was driving. i removed the plate at floor and saw all the oil. I thought that was normal, the motor was loose, so i tighten it. thought i solved the issue, shortly after the rams and bucket stop working. i opened the rotory pump thinking that was the issue, all looks good there.

lph3ski

Yes i noticed a line of fluid around where i was driving. i removed the plate at floor and saw all the oil. I thought that was normal, the motor was loose, so i tighten it. thought i solved the issue, shortly after the rams and bucket stop working. i opened the rotory pump thinking that was the issue, all looks good there.
i was thinking that the gears would need the fluid, i saw the drain plug at bottom.

OP
OP
kdfergie

kdfergie

I had fluid coming from my axles, so I drained the oil from the case in the front behind the loader bucket and put it back up top. t ran for a while then i had to do it again every few hours. that's when i decided to overhaul the drive motors

lph3ski

I had fluid coming from my axles, so I drained the oil from the case in the front behind the loader bucket and put it back up top. t ran for a while then i had to do it again every few hours. that's when i decided to overhaul the drive motors
yea thats what bothers me, ill drain the case and see how much fluid is lleaking in. i did put more oil in tank, and drove it around, just no bucket action. didnt notice the level in case rising but it still leaving fluid on pavement. i think youre right im probably leaking so much that the pump cant keep up with preesure needed for the bucket. i figured the drive motors wouldnt work if it was leaking that bad.