Bizarre ! Loader arms lift when off

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Impact-vector

So my 99 773 worked well. Not sure what changed recently but... When I turn it off with the arms on the ground all is well. But then it slowly (like an inch an hour) will lift the loader arms. Anyone heard of this before? I found my garage door smashed this morning bc it had lifted up so high. I have tried to turn off the machine and push all the knobs and release switches..it still happens. Anyone have an idea?

reaperman

Finally, after centuries of trial and error, the theory of Perpetual motion has been cracked.

jerry

Garage is about 100 degrees with full humidity. It seems to be ok now. Quite odd for sure. I'm goingto have to watch this one :/
If it happens again put a hose from one aux connector to the other. A friend with a 853 had this happen and that cured it till he could get in and repair the aux solenoids. Have no idea why it happened though, it was cold weather also.

lfutrell

If it happens again put a hose from one aux connector to the other. A friend with a 853 had this happen and that cured it till he could get in and repair the aux solenoids. Have no idea why it happened though, it was cold weather also.
When you leave the machine in there push the lift pedal all the way forward till it snaps in the detent, this will leave it in the float mode

OP
OP
I

Impact-vector

When you leave the machine in there push the lift pedal all the way forward till it snaps in the detent, this will leave it in the float mode
Float mode? How do I know if I have that feature? I have some red pedal next to the lift pedal. Is that it?

Fishfiles

they all have float, it just allows the arms to float up and down, follow the grade. push the left pedal alllll the way down until it clicks
having been born and raised in New Orleans ( VooDoo capital of the USA ) I do like the goat idea as I have seen that work on other things , if the goat don't work try a chicken or hang some garlic in the cab ---------if all that fails then pull the boom bypass valve on side the seat , unscrew the valve in two and check and or change the oring inside or buy a need valve

OP
OP
I

Impact-vector

they all have float, it just allows the arms to float up and down, follow the grade. push the left pedal alllll the way down until it clicks
Can't get it to click.. Hmm where do I start troubleshooting? The ball bearing in the spool? Any idea if it will work even if it doesn't click in?

Fishfiles

Can't get it to click.. Hmm where do I start troubleshooting? The ball bearing in the spool? Any idea if it will work even if it doesn't click in?
that could be your problem , if the detent won't engage then the ball and spring must have jump out the detent collar and has the spool off centered , I have had to change quite a few of the detent collars because the groove inside gets worn out and the ball will jump out the spool , I have tried to do it without pulling the spool out the valve, but I couldn't get it , you need to pull the spool to fix that , the collar is the part that the e clip on back the cap hooks to