Battery

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dankess87

I have a new Holland l555 that struggles to start it seams like the battery as it clicks and the I jump start it and after a little bit I'm able to start it .... When a charger is put on it the charger says it is fully charged. The one is a 2012 battery and the other is 2011 so they shouldn't be bad but I want to just make sure before I go through a lot of money and time.

deaop06

I would clean all the terminals and all ground wire attachments on engine or frame. That would be the cheapest place to start.Good luck Ron

Tazza

Staff member
I would clean all the terminals and all ground wire attachments on engine or frame. That would be the cheapest place to start.Good luck Ron
Checking the terminals is a good idea.
Most, if not all battery places will test your battery for you. The indicator may show it's fuly charged, it doesn't mead the plates inside are not failing.
You need to have it load tested.

flopguy

I just went thru this with my L555, I had a bad battery which in turn killed my alternator which in turn drained my batteries. I bought a new battery which was also bad (my luck) and it took me a bit to figure out why. I finally disconnected both batteries and charged them up and found the new was fully charged then in 2 days it was putting out 8.6 volts. My rectifier was bad on the alternator which made the alternator pull 12 volts and drain the batteries when the tractor was off. what I would do in your case is remove the neg of one battery left side and remove the positive from the other battery(right side), then take a volt meter and measure from the positive terminal to the positive cable (you just removed) it should show about 2 volts, if it shows 12 volts then you have a problem / drain. Also dont assume a battery is good, I had a brand now one that took a full charge and still was bad.

Latest posts