Battery Box for Bobcat 722

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ChandlerW

Looking for pictures of the battery box for a bobcat 722. I have a picture from the manual but it does not show the battery box / tray installed.

flyerdan

I don't have any good pics, but I really should clean the posts and check the water so if there are some nice days a bit later I'll try and get some pics.
In the mean time, it appears that all 4 of the 700-722 models have the same battery box and related parts, I have the Bobcat part numbers for them:
Battery Box 6541205
Front Rod 6548876
Rear Rod 6548877
Strap 6548878
If I get to it, and it isn't too much trouble I'll pull the box out and see how it mounts and get some measurements as it wouldn't be too difficult to fab one up.

OP
OP
C

ChandlerW

I don't have any good pics, but I really should clean the posts and check the water so if there are some nice days a bit later I'll try and get some pics.
In the mean time, it appears that all 4 of the 700-722 models have the same battery box and related parts, I have the Bobcat part numbers for them:
Battery Box 6541205
Front Rod 6548876
Rear Rod 6548877
Strap 6548878
If I get to it, and it isn't too much trouble I'll pull the box out and see how it mounts and get some measurements as it wouldn't be too difficult to fab one up.
Great. I appreciate the help. I would be interested in seeing how it mounts to the frame.

OP
OP
C

ChandlerW

Great. I appreciate the help. I would be interested in seeing how it mounts to the frame.
I have another question about this bobcat. I'm trying to identify a lever next to the throttle. I think its the choke but have no idea how it would work. The lever is spring loaded. It goes to a bracket and a hose comes off the bracket. It doesn't make any sense to me how it works. The hose is #30 in the picture. Any ideas?
diagram722choke.PNG

flyerdan

I have another question about this bobcat. I'm trying to identify a lever next to the throttle. I think its the choke but have no idea how it would work. The lever is spring loaded. It goes to a bracket and a hose comes off the bracket. It doesn't make any sense to me how it works. The hose is #30 in the picture. Any ideas?
That is quite interesting, I looked all over my book and can't find anything about a choke in the 722, leading to believe that it might be an automatic choke. The linkages and the small ball behind the throttle is the spring loaded choke on the 700.
I can't find the picture above in any of my literature, my parts book is for the Wisconsin powered models. It appears that #30 is the attach methods and #29 is the hose, do you have the description page that says what it is? Also, what is the description of #4 above. In my drawing it's called Jackshaft, choke. That might give an indication of what it's for.

OP
OP
C

ChandlerW

That is quite interesting, I looked all over my book and can't find anything about a choke in the 722, leading to believe that it might be an automatic choke. The linkages and the small ball behind the throttle is the spring loaded choke on the 700.
I can't find the picture above in any of my literature, my parts book is for the Wisconsin powered models. It appears that #30 is the attach methods and #29 is the hose, do you have the description page that says what it is? Also, what is the description of #4 above. In my drawing it's called Jackshaft, choke. That might give an indication of what it's for.
I'll check when I get home. #4 is just a rod with a bend in it. The drawing shows a rubber hose clamps to the rod. No clue how the rubber hose is supposed to work with the choke.

OP
OP
C

ChandlerW

Posted a quick video of the rod thing. https://youtu.be/s7QPVB1Ro14 #4 in the diagram is called a Shaft, Choke according to bobcat parts online

Tazza

Staff member
Posted a quick video of the rod thing. https://youtu.be/s7QPVB1Ro14 #4 in the diagram is called a Shaft, Choke according to bobcat parts online
That is an odd one.....
Alomst looked like a decompression lever or shut off lever, but on a petrol/gas engine i can't see it being needed.
Wonder if it was an addition someone made for some unknown to everyone reason

flyerdan

That is an odd one.....
Alomst looked like a decompression lever or shut off lever, but on a petrol/gas engine i can't see it being needed.
Wonder if it was an addition someone made for some unknown to everyone reason
That's pretty much what I have, except the jackshaft doesn't have the branch in the middle. Mine has a linkage going off the left side to the choke. Do you have a choke butterfly shaft on the carb? I didn't see any reference to it at all in the Ford section. Those of us who have brought things home in boxes are used to reverse-engineering things on occasion, sometimes working backwards makes sense.

Atilathehun99

That is the choke rod. Attaches to the choke on the carb w/ a STIFF metal cored rubber hose and STRONG hose clamps on each end (rod and choke). As the rod rotates w/ choke lever the hose rolls opening and closing the choke plate. It's a PITA design and like I say unless you have the right hose and clamps slippage (at carb) can occur and the choke plate doesn't turn. I think I still have the extra battery box from mine. If I can dig it up I'll take measurements and confirm mounting (I know the front mounts w/ a stud that passes through a tab welded to frame. Can't recall how the back mounts.

chvet73

The hose that you have connects to the choke shaft. It is a manual choke. As you slide the lever behind the throttle it makes the choke shaft rotate by twisting that tubing. Weird setup but it does work. I own a 722 so I familiar with it. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
C

ChandlerW

The hose that you have connects to the choke shaft. It is a manual choke. As you slide the lever behind the throttle it makes the choke shaft rotate by twisting that tubing. Weird setup but it does work. I own a 722 so I familiar with it. Hope that helps.
I was able to find a used battery tray/box. I'm just going to use a modern choke cable. Thanks for all the help :)