AZ Short Timer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

AZ skidmark

New to the forum and new to 1998 Bobcat 863 w/ bucket, forks and 909 Hoe. Loved the training videos, manuals and all the chatter online about problem machines. I'm a retired FoMoCo Trainer and Field Service Engineer now living in Superior, AZ (1 hr E of Phx). I plan to excavate my hilside back yard to accomidate a garage. Who ever heard of a "Blueblood Ford Guy" with no garage? This is my first experience with an oil cooled diesel and a self-tipping skidsteer. After driving "The Machine" (somebody here wanted me to name it) that first day, I chose the name skidmark for obvious reasons. Forums like this are essential to survival of obsolete equipment and understanding of how they were designed to operate. Since I'm new to this game I can only compare to automotive technology to skidsteer technology, after all an ECT is just an Engine Coolant Sensor no matter what it's on. They are all voltage divider circuits, probably running 5V, or some variation. Thanks for the opportunity to get involved. JG

Tazza

Staff member
LOL i do like the name, i named mine 'bob' for bobcat yeah i know, not very creative. The trend went to other things i have, the welder is mr sparky, plasma cutter is mr burns (because i always get burnt) and the sand blaster is called sandy!
Welcome to the site