Aux hydraulic controls

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bpfabrepair

For you guys with the older machines that have added aux hyrdraulics, have any of you experimented with electrical control? I have a 1979 Gehl HL4600 with aux hydraulics using a 2 spool manual valve. I don't really care for the location as my right foot bumps it and it will turn on. I'm thinking about buying a electric solenoid 2 spool valve. https://www.hydraulicstore.com/hydraulic/valves/directional-control-valves/electrically-controlled/d05-solenoid-operated-directional-control-valves/center-tandem/din-connector/dsg-03-3c60-d12-n-5090-yuken.html but my model has a single stick for drive and a single stick for lift arms/bucket. So I'm having a hard time visualizing where I would put switches.

Wayne440

Consider a pair of momentary contact foot switches for that function- it would give your feet something to do.

Tazza

Staff member
Consider a pair of momentary contact foot switches for that function- it would give your feet something to do.
Not exactly sure where you will mount this valve in your hydraulic system as you can't simply put it inline with the main pump, you need a relief valve in the circuit to prevent possible damage. I thought these sort of vontrols connect to PB (power beyond) ports, but then where does the excess fluid go? Another way is to put a diverting valve on say your tilt citcuit, so when you flip the switch, the tilt now controls your aux hydraulics, flip the switch back and yout tilt works. Would that be an option?
Why not put switches on your steering levers?