Argon co2 bottles

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Skiddy

I use the 160 cu ft bottle and it costs right at $40 bucks exchange. I lease my bottle. I only have to pay the increase in the value each year. This year the contract renewal cost me 28 cents. I have a 160?????? second to biggest. I heard that in Australia that they really gouge you for gas. Is this price about average?

Tazza

Staff member
I'm not 100% sure on this, i got prices a little while ago now. Rental was about 80/year plus the gas. Rental depends on bottle size, but its not much to go up in size. Ours are sized from small to large: D, E, G. I can't remember the amount of gas stored in each though.
At one stage you could own bottles, but they changed that and now you need to rent them. This is through liquid air and BOC. I hear there is another company down south that is cheaper.

Fishfiles

I'm not 100% sure on this, i got prices a little while ago now. Rental was about 80/year plus the gas. Rental depends on bottle size, but its not much to go up in size. Ours are sized from small to large: D, E, G. I can't remember the amount of gas stored in each though.
At one stage you could own bottles, but they changed that and now you need to rent them. This is through liquid air and BOC. I hear there is another company down south that is cheaper.
I just did find this shop talk thread , I like it , maybe it could be listed up top under the main threads as I'd bet alot of people never see it -------------------- I was pretty luck that my gas man took a couple of extra oxygen tanks I already had and changed the valves for $15 each using that really cool machine that unscrews then retorques the valve , he said you can swop to but not back once it has been filled

under the bus

I just did find this shop talk thread , I like it , maybe it could be listed up top under the main threads as I'd bet alot of people never see it -------------------- I was pretty luck that my gas man took a couple of extra oxygen tanks I already had and changed the valves for $15 each using that really cool machine that unscrews then retorques the valve , he said you can swop to but not back once it has been filled
Fish flies I will take 100% of the credit for getting the shop talk thread started. I agree if it was more visible it would be #1.

Fishfiles

Fish flies I will take 100% of the credit for getting the shop talk thread started. I agree if it was more visible it would be #1.
I never scroll down pass the first 5 threads any more , if it wasn't that I recieved an email of a responce to something I posted to I would have never seen your responce ,, and I just did fix my email mail address as it had changed about 2 years ago and didn't alert me for a long time ---------you are right this is the best subject on the board but never gets any action as it is so far down -------- an old mechhanic I once worked with told me " the best tool in your box is your imagination " --