Antifreeze

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

uffda

Is it really necessary to use diesel antifreeze or can premixed regular antifreeze be used on 743

Tazza

Staff member
Antifreeze is antifreeze in my books, as long as it's suitable for your climate to not freeze during your coldest winter, i see no issues. Pre-mixed or concentrate will work the same, as long as you follow the instructions on the concentrate to ensure it's strong enough to not freeze on you.

farmshop

Antifreeze is antifreeze in my books, as long as it's suitable for your climate to not freeze during your coldest winter, i see no issues. Pre-mixed or concentrate will work the same, as long as you follow the instructions on the concentrate to ensure it's strong enough to not freeze on you.
More important to maintain your coolant. Some engines are prone to cavitation so heavy duty might be worth while but all we use is premix green

foton

More important to maintain your coolant. Some engines are prone to cavitation so heavy duty might be worth while but all we use is premix green
there is something to think about and that is dissimilar metals each engine manf. and model will be different on how much aluminum copper brass iron and who knows what else is in the engine. Some people swear by Final Charge and I have used it with out any problems and it is supposed to take care of non-like metals corrosion issues including liner cavitation. But on the other hand I have used a lot of green and had no issues either. knock on wood. But I try to change it on a schedule.