Angle Broom

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

AAFD

Does anyone use a angle broom? I know it will clean up my driveway. But, How much snow will it move from a driveway? What will it do with leave and grass clippings in my yard. KC

dozer

Lets split it up
1. No I don't but our city crew does who I work with in the winter.
2. They pretty much quit using it at 4-6" of relatively haevy snow. But after a heavy snow they clean the city sidewalks with the angle blade or bucket and keep ahead of the snow with the brush.
3. An angle broom will pretty much just blow around leaves and dry grass clippings. It creates alot of air when its going and I don't think you could reasonable control anything that light in front of it.
Good Luck. I have had my eyes open for a good deal on one for awhile. It would be a handy attachment.
Dozer

OP
OP
A

AAFD

Lets split it up
1. No I don't but our city crew does who I work with in the winter.
2. They pretty much quit using it at 4-6" of relatively haevy snow. But after a heavy snow they clean the city sidewalks with the angle blade or bucket and keep ahead of the snow with the brush.
3. An angle broom will pretty much just blow around leaves and dry grass clippings. It creates alot of air when its going and I don't think you could reasonable control anything that light in front of it.
Good Luck. I have had my eyes open for a good deal on one for awhile. It would be a handy attachment.
Dozer
Any other things I could do with one? KC

dozer

Any other things I could do with one? KC
Our city uses theirs for cleaning streets before working on them. After parades and such to get windrow whatever candy and garbage is left over. They sweep our sidewalks in the summer about once a month.
I figure some of the owners of angle brooms can chime in with what they have used them for as well.
Dozer

OP
OP
A

AAFD

Our city uses theirs for cleaning streets before working on them. After parades and such to get windrow whatever candy and garbage is left over. They sweep our sidewalks in the summer about once a month.
I figure some of the owners of angle brooms can chime in with what they have used them for as well.
Dozer
Thanks for your help, we are really looking at one, with a bucket, forks and broom:) KC