A Word of Advice

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

brt

I have a 1999 Bobcat 763F. With the winter approaching I decided to do some maintenance on it. It is normally in a trickle charger. It started OK, but showed the symptoms of a dead battery when I went to start it later in the day. Knowing that the battery was old and I did not know the history since it came with the used 763, I purchased a new battery. I installed it and it would not start. The voltage and connections were good. Upon further inspection I found that the single bolt holding the piece of metal containing the starter relay, lights relay and a few other relays to the chassis had loosened up and thus they were not grounded properly. This is directly above the battery, but hidden. Tightened the bolt and it fired right up. Something to look at while you are scratching your head during a no-start situation.

7LBSSMALLIE

solid advice. GROUNDS ETC ARE OFTEN OVERLOOKED. seals call it kiss keep it simple stupid. note on this. hundred hr oil change all filters batt hits the ground water checked posts and cables cleaned all zerks take (not some of them). do it once do it right. half assing maint will get you a half assed unit. knickle and dime are still knuckle and dime .catch it now before its the 4500 repair bill one could say attention to detail. a sooty eng compartment due to a broke exhaust manifold or flex pipe can equal a 10.000 eng in about ten hrs. open the door look at check the fluids. every day prior to start up.