98 bobcat 863 turbo

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hey everyone kinda new on here but my father just bought a 98 bobcat 863 turbo f series and i have no idea where the code display is at so if someone would let me know i would really appreciate it thank you. Corey

skidsteer.ca

Unless it has the "boss" engine and sytem monitoring option (has bar graph electronic guages) it has no place to display codes.
If it has normal 2" round automotive guages for fuel, temp then no codes storage or monitoring system.
Ken

OP
OP
B
Unless it has the "boss" engine and sytem monitoring option (has bar graph electronic guages) it has no place to display codes.
If it has normal 2" round automotive guages for fuel, temp then no codes storage or monitoring system.
Ken
thank you for the info

Tazza

Staff member
hey everyone, my dads bobcats leaking hydraulic fluid but im thinking its from the lift and detent spool but im not sure if thats possible any comments would be much appreciated.
Its possible, there are seals on either end of the spool, they can and do go bad. They are easy enough to replace, gaining access to do the job isn't always so simple. A seal kit is pretty cheap from the dealer.

OP
OP
B
Its possible, there are seals on either end of the spool, they can and do go bad. They are easy enough to replace, gaining access to do the job isn't always so simple. A seal kit is pretty cheap from the dealer.
So replacing the seal on the lift/detent valve is ok to do on say just the detent sleeve?

Tazza

Staff member
So replacing the seal on the lift/detent valve is ok to do on say just the detent sleeve?
You really need to do both ends at once. You can't just remove the detent end, you have a spring and bolt that you can't easily remove. Remove the cap and linkage, it will slide out the rear. Replace the seals, and slide back in.

Rojas

You really need to do both ends at once. You can't just remove the detent end, you have a spring and bolt that you can't easily remove. Remove the cap and linkage, it will slide out the rear. Replace the seals, and slide back in.
I'd recommend doing both spools. From experience with doing this on a 763. I spent more time cleaning everything before the repair than it took to change out the seals.