97 753 lift arms bucket pivot not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

firemanpig

hello i have a 1997 753 that while i was operating it the arms stopped working. the interlick has only the power and the seat belt bar illuminated the one with the lift arms is off. any help would be appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
Does it have a seat switch too? Try jumping on the seat a little to see if the light comes on or not.

OP
OP
firemanpig

firemanpig

Does it have a seat switch too? Try jumping on the seat a little to see if the light comes on or not.
Thank you for the reply. I contacted the Bobcat dealer and was told that the seat switch must be engaged before the seat bar. he suggested the same thing. I tried to jump on the seat. Nothing....Then i tilted the cab and scraped everything that was under the seat track out. everything fell to the back Of the cab. when I put the cab back down low and behold the hydraulics worked.. Thank you for your reply YES you were correct SEAT SWITCH......APPLAUSE MUCH HAPPINESS. Next question Can you put a toggle switch in the line to the seat switch and use it for an anti theft???

Bobcatdan

Thank you for the reply. I contacted the Bobcat dealer and was told that the seat switch must be engaged before the seat bar. he suggested the same thing. I tried to jump on the seat. Nothing....Then i tilted the cab and scraped everything that was under the seat track out. everything fell to the back Of the cab. when I put the cab back down low and behold the hydraulics worked.. Thank you for your reply YES you were correct SEAT SWITCH......APPLAUSE MUCH HAPPINESS. Next question Can you put a toggle switch in the line to the seat switch and use it for an anti theft???
Install a "push to operate" kit and get rid of the seat switch.

OP
OP
firemanpig

firemanpig

I was too lazy to do that, i glued the magnet to the sender. You can't simply use a switch.
I was thinking to put the switch inline as an open in the circuit for anti theft. and leave the seat switch intact. this would make the seat switch activated and the toggle switch on to operate. would this work

Tazza

Staff member
I was thinking to put the switch inline as an open in the circuit for anti theft. and leave the seat switch intact. this would make the seat switch activated and the toggle switch on to operate. would this work
If you were going to go that route, i'd simply put a switch/relay on the ground wire on the park brake. If it's not closed, the machine will not budge. Hard to gain access to, this will slow down a thief as you need to lift the cab

Latest posts