885 fuel in oil-help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

GTfarm

I just bought a 1995 lx885 turbo. I noticed the oil level was high and went to drain some off and realized it was diluted with fuel. the machine also puts out a smelly blue cloud with the exhaust. seems to run good. also when I shut the key off the engine seems to shut down slowly-like the fuel supply is slowly being backed-off. I called a service guy-he thought the fuel pump had a leak that was draining into the engine. He recommended that I pull the fuel pump off and have it tested and rebuilt if needed. any thoughts or previous experience is appreciated! thanks!

foton

I think he was referring to the mechanical lift pump not the injector pump if your machine has one. But it is possible that the injector pump is at fault just not normally what goes bad that way.

Mike10

Normally it is the front seal in the injection pump. With your other symptoms you may want to check the cold start manifold heater. The heater is located at the front of the intake manifold facing the valve cover. There are two connections, one electrical and one for a small fuel line. Whenever the cold start is activated, the heater heats up and a small amount of fuel will be injected into the intake manifold. The heat from the heater ignites the fuel. These heaters can fail and allow fuel to enter all the time.