843 triple gear pump replacement with double gear pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jessafarms

I have an 843 high flow with cracked hyd pump. These triple gear pumps are not available from bobcat or anywhere else. Double gear pump is also not available but dealer did find one nos after long search. I am told this conversion is possible as long as high flow circuit is deadened. I have installed new pump and have hooked high flow lines together one time and also capped the lines at the pump and both times it has ruptured hydraulic filter and is making bucket roll down. Dealer says lines should be capped. There is also a after market parts rebuilder/ dealer online that says this can be done but when you call them for a kit and instructions they can't find them. Any ideas? Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
It doesn't sound right to me to plug off any lines... They would build up pressure and blow the pump or the lines, i'd have thought?

Swm

I have an 843 high flow with cracked hyd pump. These triple gear pumps are not available from bobcat or anywhere else. Double gear pump is also not available but dealer did find one nos after long search. I am told this conversion is possible as long as high flow circuit is deadened. I have installed new pump and have hooked high flow lines together one time and also capped the lines at the pump and both times it has ruptured hydraulic filter and is making bucket roll down. Dealer says lines should be capped. There is also a after market parts rebuilder/ dealer online that says this can be done but when you call them for a kit and instructions they can't find them. Any ideas? Thanks
Hi,
Did you get this figured out? I have my pump installed and was going to hook the lines together but, it doesn't look like that worked for you. any help would be appreciated.

12acrefarmer

I have a similar parts problem. Bobcat no longer sells the main relief valve for the high flow on the main valve body. If you end up replacing the high flow relief with a standard relief valve I could really use your high flow relief and be glad to purchase it.

Swm

I have a similar parts problem. Bobcat no longer sells the main relief valve for the high flow on the main valve body. If you end up replacing the high flow relief with a standard relief valve I could really use your high flow relief and be glad to purchase it.
Well I have the new pump installed and I still cant get the lift arms to raise. I think my valve is bad too. Looks like there are 2 or 3 relief valves. Are you looking for the one with wires?

Swm

I put the new pump in and still had the same problem, so I have a pump to sell if anyone needs one. I took the machine to bobcat and told them I thought it was the main relief valve. Two and a half months later they tell me they think it's the relief valve and it's not available or serviceable. I decided to take it apart. All the o-rings and backups were bad. $5 dollars worth of o-rings. Make sure you have a pressure gauge installed so you can adjust the relief valve. I had over 4000psi when I tested it. Good luck

John23

I put the new pump in and still had the same problem, so I have a pump to sell if anyone needs one. I took the machine to bobcat and told them I thought it was the main relief valve. Two and a half months later they tell me they think it's the relief valve and it's not available or serviceable. I decided to take it apart. All the o-rings and backups were bad. $5 dollars worth of o-rings. Make sure you have a pressure gauge installed so you can adjust the relief valve. I had over 4000psi when I tested it. Good luck
What pump did you,or still have for sale?

Latest posts