843 hydrostatic noise

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jplacz2000

just pickup up a 1988 843 bobcat seems to be a little noisy when turning hydrostatic noise ,should i change filters ??? fluid looks good dont know if theres a micron filter anyone help. 4500 hours but clean

bobkat843

I had and early 80's 843. there is a fine filter in the middle hose wright above the hydraulic pump i believe .when i owned the 843 i remembered it was noisy especially when turning .I had both hydro motors rebuilt with no help. most likely than not its old age in the hydrostatic pump and that could get costly.If its running properly i would just live with it

jerry

I had and early 80's 843. there is a fine filter in the middle hose wright above the hydraulic pump i believe .when i owned the 843 i remembered it was noisy especially when turning .I had both hydro motors rebuilt with no help. most likely than not its old age in the hydrostatic pump and that could get costly.If its running properly i would just live with it
Most of them groan and moan at lower engine rpm.. How does it sound at 2/3 throttle or so? If it goes straight forward and backward with very little noise and just noisy when turning it may be normal.