825 Dash panel Controls

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rankarmature

rather than twiddle my thumbs last nite I started rehab on the dash panel. It has the following controls on it(note that anything with # after it means none of the associated hdwe. for the accessory listed exists on the 825): Idiot lite Trans HOT, Idiot lite Trans FILT, Idiot Lite ENG HOT, Idiot Lite ENG OIL, Idiot Lite ALT, Gauge FUEL, Toggle WIPER #, Toggle FLASHER #, Toggle CAB LIFT #, Toggle HEATER #, Toggle LIGHTS, Keyed Sw. IGN, Push Button COLD START, Meter HOURS. has anybody replaced some/all the idiot lites with gauges? I can get ENG temp and oil pressure plus a volt gauge to actually see what the charging circuit is doing. If anyone knows the resistance of the fuel sending unit I could probably replace my broken gauge with a new one and put all four gauges into a new panel. then I could do away with the unused switches and further clean it up. The wiring diagram shows the Cold Start switch at the intake manifold but not the glow plugs; are they on the same push button? are the specs for the various sending units common knowledge so I can get the correct gauge to match? Thx.

1ofU

on the 825 i had i put in a set of gauges ,oil , amp water the perkins idles at 40 lbs and 3//4 throttle it carries 65 lbs of pressure , water temp was around 170 -180 in july .
i would put gauges in your machine
Jess

OP
OP
R

Rankarmature

on the 825 i had i put in a set of gauges ,oil , amp water the perkins idles at 40 lbs and 3//4 throttle it carries 65 lbs of pressure , water temp was around 170 -180 in july .
i would put gauges in your machine
Jess
I pulled the fuel sending unit last nite and cleaned it. it works and has a range of 20-200 ohms. while everything else is out I'm going to look at the fuel p/u as well. My dash appears factory, Jess but only has the one gauge. maybe a later build(SN says 1981 build) where they were trying to lower production costs? As far as I'm concerned knowledge is power; I want gauges to tell what's going on. will keep you updated.

1ofU

I pulled the fuel sending unit last nite and cleaned it. it works and has a range of 20-200 ohms. while everything else is out I'm going to look at the fuel p/u as well. My dash appears factory, Jess but only has the one gauge. maybe a later build(SN says 1981 build) where they were trying to lower production costs? As far as I'm concerned knowledge is power; I want gauges to tell what's going on. will keep you updated.
my 825 was a 1981 , it only had the fuel gauge and the lights like you listed .
but the gauges was nice to be able to look down and see what the motor is doing .
if you look on you tube i still have a couple of videos of the 825
i go by targetshooter2 on there .
my 825 was a good running machine never had any problems out of it and it
picked up some nice size logs too.
Jess