773 Skid Steer service manual?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Impact-vector

anyone still have a copy? i tried to download the version from a previous post but Megaupload isnt in biz anymore and the link is dead :(

Tazza

Staff member
I couldnt find a PDF on ebay; I bought the paper version but its 10 days away :( There goes the weekend
I would advise against a PDF off ebay anyway, the quality is generally crap to say the least.
Just what do you plan on attacking? some parts aren't as hard as you may think.

OP
OP
I

Impact-vector

I would advise against a PDF off ebay anyway, the quality is generally crap to say the least.
Just what do you plan on attacking? some parts aren't as hard as you may think.
Thanks! I just got the machine. I wanted to check the controls for the lose arm problem and change fluids and filters before I put her to work. I noticed no pipe connected to the radiator overflow pipe. other than that No real critical issues

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks! I just got the machine. I wanted to check the controls for the lose arm problem and change fluids and filters before I put her to work. I noticed no pipe connected to the radiator overflow pipe. other than that No real critical issues
All pretty simple things.
Lift the cab and check the alloy arms on the drive pump.
Changing fluids is pretty straight forward too. Just note that there is no drain for the hydraulic fluid. I rum my machine at idle and pump it out the aux ports till it starts to spit, shut it straight down. Replace oil and you have done just about all you can. Some people don't like doing it this way as there is potential pump wear, but i figure there is still oil residue, it will never all come out so it should be just fine. This is your call though.
Chain case oil is drained from between the rear wheels. A cover comes off, there is a rubber plug in teh chain case and one in the fuel tank. Get the right one! Fill to the base of the threads on the plug at the front under where the lift arms sit. You are meant to remove the inspection cover in the top of the chain case and mop out any sludge. Ensure the cover is re-sealed with silicone, they are an excellent entry point for water.
Pretty simple to do, just takes some time.