773 Charge pressure at sender reads zero on pressure gauge- what am I missing?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rtrm17

Hello All, I'm new to this forum and new to Bobcats. I'm not new to mechanical or hydraulics and have well-maintained vehicles and various equipment including a JD 310 backhoe still going. So please forgive me if this is a common issue, or maybe just my luck.... I just picked up a 773, it ran good, moved good, no leaks, no issues beyond a tricky seat sensor. Bought it, just took delivery, used it for a a bit and and for a first-day finale I decided to power washed the grease off so I can see where the leaks are... Now I'm getting a PH 1, critical stop, no pressure. I removed the sender next to the hydro filter and put a pressure gauge on it and it reads 0 (zero). I know a filter can cause some things, but it seems very odd that it ran great, then just stopped and a true pressure gauge says zero. in fact I disconnected the gauge and nothing comes out. The reserve is full. The belt seems solid, even tried some belt adhesive. There is ONE thing (fingers crossed) that occurred just before this-- As I just got this unit, I did take a pressure washer to it. I reseated and cleaned all the connectors. What is baffling is a hydro pressure meter reads zero, and even cracking the line which should cause a spray is doing nothing.... would a filter in a BC really do that quickly? Did I somehow trigger a solenoid to disconnect the pressure, or is the "BOSS" super sensitive? Again I go back to it reads literally zero pressure, all I can guess is maybe a solenoid-cutoff kicked in, or I really have terrible luck as a hydro pump is dead on arrival after it just worked. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated! (And sorry for the noob post to BobCats.... I'll get the hang of them soon enough :))

foton

pressure washing can blow wires around causing a weak connection to go open , I think that you have lost power to a relay. but you never know after it sits a while maybe it will dry out and start to work again. It has to be electrical as a guess. good luck

Lowe.Buuck

pressure washing can blow wires around causing a weak connection to go open , I think that you have lost power to a relay. but you never know after it sits a while maybe it will dry out and start to work again. It has to be electrical as a guess. good luck
If you have zero on the gauge, the charge pressure relief valve may be stuck open.
On my 763, the Charge Pressure is supposed to be 200psi when the oil is 120° F. Does your gauge allow you to determine pressures from 0-300psi?

OP
OP
R

rtrm17

If you have zero on the gauge, the charge pressure relief valve may be stuck open.
On my 763, the Charge Pressure is supposed to be 200psi when the oil is 120° F. Does your gauge allow you to determine pressures from 0-300psi?
The gauge I used was the low-pressure one which reads 0-500 psi and the needle didn't move. I know the gauge is good as I used it a few days ago on my JD 310 reverser. I also opened the line and nothing came out. I'll try to chase down relays and reseat wires. The pressure relief makes sense- I'll check. In the service manual, it appears to be mechanical and no solenoid, but then again I'm new to this equipment. Thanks for the advice!

OP
OP
R

rtrm17

The gauge I used was the low-pressure one which reads 0-500 psi and the needle didn't move. I know the gauge is good as I used it a few days ago on my JD 310 reverser. I also opened the line and nothing came out. I'll try to chase down relays and reseat wires. The pressure relief makes sense- I'll check. In the service manual, it appears to be mechanical and no solenoid, but then again I'm new to this equipment. Thanks for the advice!
She's working again. Thanks!!