763g jerks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

beanpole

Hi all....I read some posts/replies about ajrancher (Bill) and his 863 jerking. I have a 2000 763g I bought new. I have 6,200 hours on it. I run it at full rpms when operating. At full rpms and just easing into the drive levers in forward or reverse I feel as though I am on a bucking bronco. I try not to abuse the machine, but I work it hard. I have an attachment I made several years ago for my business (Super Digger LLC) that I use to dig out stumps and trees of all sizes. On some of the larger trees/stumps 16" +, roots can be 12-14" in dia...On some of these monsters I have to incorporate hard ramming (whiplash/concussion) along with the sawing action. My questions are- - with the similarities of my symptoms with the 763 and Bill's 863, are all the replies directed to him going to work for me? Has the hard ramming I do created a different problem? Is the picture of the 751 hydraulic pump the same as my 763? I greatly appreciate reading what some of the *great minds* such as down under Tazza, skidsteer.ca, the tool, mrdeere1959, have to say. Thank you in advance.

Tazza

Staff member
It is the same pump.
I'd start with checking the linkages between the sticks and pump. Any wear in them will cause bucking like you have.
One place i had issues was the square blocks that come out of the pump, the alloy blocks that join to it was loose and caused wear and it bucked around just like yours. A small amount of wear in the linkages can cause it to jump around a lot.

farmshop

It is the same pump.
I'd start with checking the linkages between the sticks and pump. Any wear in them will cause bucking like you have.
One place i had issues was the square blocks that come out of the pump, the alloy blocks that join to it was loose and caused wear and it bucked around just like yours. A small amount of wear in the linkages can cause it to jump around a lot.
What tazza said. Also check the gas shocks on the linkage. If you unhook one end there should be resistance pushing it in and out.

OP
OP
B

beanpole

It is the same pump.
Tazza, farmshop: Thank you for responses. Busy with trips out of state with grandkids in basketball tournaments till 07-30-17. Will check things you mentioned then and get back to you. Thanks again.

OP
OP
B

beanpole

Tazza, farmshop: Thank you for responses. Busy with trips out of state with grandkids in basketball tournaments till 07-30-17. Will check things you mentioned then and get back to you. Thanks again.
oK just spent 15-20 minutes typing out a post with questions and what I've done etc., and try to post it three times and it says error '/' application stack trace and some other stuff I don't understand so I had to cancel it. don't have time now to re-do.

Tazza

Staff member
oK just spent 15-20 minutes typing out a post with questions and what I've done etc., and try to post it three times and it says error '/' application stack trace and some other stuff I don't understand so I had to cancel it. don't have time now to re-do.
I always copy the text i'm about to post to prevent that happening. I also found hitting preview first seems to make it post 99% of the time without issues and if it does mess up, going back doesn't loose my text.

7LBSSMALLIE

I always copy the text i'm about to post to prevent that happening. I also found hitting preview first seems to make it post 99% of the time without issues and if it does mess up, going back doesn't loose my text.
one would have to suspect that that pintle leve is loose and catching on bolts. visual inspection will confirm. on top of the stat are two triangle pieces look at the bolts below them are brigt and shiny. probally if so I got fix . and a cause of failure. if this b the case repost and ill go thru it

OP
OP
B

beanpole

one would have to suspect that that pintle leve is loose and catching on bolts. visual inspection will confirm. on top of the stat are two triangle pieces look at the bolts below them are brigt and shiny. probally if so I got fix . and a cause of failure. if this b the case repost and ill go thru it
7LBSMALLIE. Am going to look at this to see what I can find out. Thank you. Tazza: Just spent considerable time typing another post. Couldn't see how to copy it. Hit preview. Lost it. Found out I somehow was "logged off" forum. Have no idea how that happened. Getting really frustrated....don't know if it is my own incompetency or this laptop is a dinosaur and mal-functioning. Will try to post this.....

Tazza

Staff member
7LBSMALLIE. Am going to look at this to see what I can find out. Thank you. Tazza: Just spent considerable time typing another post. Couldn't see how to copy it. Hit preview. Lost it. Found out I somehow was "logged off" forum. Have no idea how that happened. Getting really frustrated....don't know if it is my own incompetency or this laptop is a dinosaur and mal-functioning. Will try to post this.....
As i use internet explorer, i press control + A for select all, then control + C to copy.
You can do the same with the mouse and highlight the text and richt click/copy.
You may have logged off as you weren't moving around, much like internet banking, if you don't seem to have had any activity, it will auto-log you off to prevent the chances of others gaining access if you had logged in from a public computer or something like that.

OP
OP
B

beanpole

As i use internet explorer, i press control + A for select all, then control + C to copy.
You can do the same with the mouse and highlight the text and richt click/copy.
You may have logged off as you weren't moving around, much like internet banking, if you don't seem to have had any activity, it will auto-log you off to prevent the chances of others gaining access if you had logged in from a public computer or something like that.
Thanks Tazza. I will keep your post for future reference. Does this website ever have problems like locking up so that your curser (mouse) doesn't do anything? I tried two times to post on Saturday 08/12/17 but each time I got 1/2 - 3/4 through the postings and the site would not work. I couldn't even get it to log off, so I just had to got to the top of the page and close out. I wanted to ask questions about taking off the spring plate, pintle levers etc., Yesterday I got it apart. The one pintle lever was worn on the top where the connected steering bar had rubbed because the torsion bushing had worn out and was sticking down approx. 1/2". Local dealer didn't have one in stock so out of necessity in needing bobcat I filed aluminum flat and put two thick washers between pintle and steering bar to even it out. I have tires blocked up off floor so will go out this A.M. and adjust steering linkage and see what results I have. Thank you all.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks Tazza. I will keep your post for future reference. Does this website ever have problems like locking up so that your curser (mouse) doesn't do anything? I tried two times to post on Saturday 08/12/17 but each time I got 1/2 - 3/4 through the postings and the site would not work. I couldn't even get it to log off, so I just had to got to the top of the page and close out. I wanted to ask questions about taking off the spring plate, pintle levers etc., Yesterday I got it apart. The one pintle lever was worn on the top where the connected steering bar had rubbed because the torsion bushing had worn out and was sticking down approx. 1/2". Local dealer didn't have one in stock so out of necessity in needing bobcat I filed aluminum flat and put two thick washers between pintle and steering bar to even it out. I have tires blocked up off floor so will go out this A.M. and adjust steering linkage and see what results I have. Thank you all.
Never had issues of it not working with my mouse... Very weird.
Good job on making it work.
I did the same sort of thing on my S250, mounted the arms in my mill and opened the hole up a little to make it work with some shims bade of steel strapping. Still working just fine.

Latest posts