763 Series Bobcat No Power to Instruments and Ignition

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

vortechx

Hey Guys I have an early 2000 G series 763 Bobcat that never gave me any issues until now.I don't have any power to the cab.No instrument lights or power to ignition.I can jump the starter with a screwdriver and hold the fuel solenoid open and it will start and run. Here is what I have Checked. *Good Battery *Checked fuses below seat and switched a few relays *Good 100 amp fuse *Lifted the cab and checked the wiring harness to the cab.No power at any terminal. Anyone have any suggestions on what else I should check. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Tazza

Staff member
Check for power to the key switch, it's possible it went bad so not powering the panels/computer.
I think the orange wires are +12 and another orange with a colour is switched +ve
The same colour wires go to the fues box, so check them as well. The sockets corrode and don't make good contact, even though a fuse shecks out, doesn't mean te socket is good.

OP
OP
V

vortechx

Check for power to the key switch, it's possible it went bad so not powering the panels/computer.
I think the orange wires are +12 and another orange with a colour is switched +ve
The same colour wires go to the fues box, so check them as well. The sockets corrode and don't make good contact, even though a fuse shecks out, doesn't mean te socket is good.
Hi Tazza, I have removed the complete dash panel and i have no power to any of the wiring harnesses. I will check to see if I have power coming in and out from behind the fuse panel. Thanks

OP
OP
V

vortechx

Hi Tazza, I have removed the complete dash panel and i have no power to any of the wiring harnesses. I will check to see if I have power coming in and out from behind the fuse panel. Thanks
Hey Tazza, You were right on the money !! When I checked power behind the fuse box I wasn't getting a light on 1 post even though the fuse was good.Clamped a jumper on it and I heard the failure BEEP as I had the key on the On position.Working 100% Now.Thanks Again!

Tazza

Staff member
Hey Tazza, You were right on the money !! When I checked power behind the fuse box I wasn't getting a light on 1 post even though the fuse was good.Clamped a jumper on it and I heard the failure BEEP as I had the key on the On position.Working 100% Now.Thanks Again!
Awesome work, gotta love an easy fix.
When the connectors go bad, rather than replacing the harness, as the fuse holders can't be replaced, install an inline fuse holder behind the fuse box.
Sadly it is very common for the terminals to go bad.