763 g no crank no start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bronkobillie

a week ago i pulled loader into my heated building shut it off and walked away,now it will not start.Cleaned all connections,changed fuses and relays around fuel solenoid ohms out ok.It is setting 3 codes.03-09,03-14 and 47-22 all of which are low voltage codes.There are a couple of broken wires under the cab but they have been there for some time,i just thought they were for the b/u alarm and the tail lights.Battery voltage is 12.58 volts at the posts and the same at the positive lead on starter.Beeps 3 time when key is turned on and after g plugs cycle will only get a click similar to a dead battery.Battery was new 4 months ago,maybe its went bad.What say you guys?

HarryN

Had the exact problem with my 763F a few months back. I'm leaning to the battery. Have it load tested to make sure. Even a dead battery shows 12+ volts on a basic meter. Of course, clean all battery wires at both ends.

OP
OP
B

bronkobillie

Had the exact problem with my 763F a few months back. I'm leaning to the battery. Have it load tested to make sure. Even a dead battery shows 12+ volts on a basic meter. Of course, clean all battery wires at both ends.
you may be on to something HarryN,this battery isn't very old but I got it from an auto parts store on closeout account it had exceeded thier shelf life,guess it had been there for over a year. Maybe you really do get what u pay for!!

mahans7

you may be on to something HarryN,this battery isn't very old but I got it from an auto parts store on closeout account it had exceeded thier shelf life,guess it had been there for over a year. Maybe you really do get what u pay for!!
And if its just a battery (hopefully with a warranty on it) it shouldn't cost too much. These machines are kind of hard on batteries, even if its only been 4 months, especially the non-industrial automotive types since these machines don't exactly have the softest suspension ride. Some on here replace working auto batteries and change to the industrial ones for those aforementioned reasons.

OP
OP
B

bronkobillie

And if its just a battery (hopefully with a warranty on it) it shouldn't cost too much. These machines are kind of hard on batteries, even if its only been 4 months, especially the non-industrial automotive types since these machines don't exactly have the softest suspension ride. Some on here replace working auto batteries and change to the industrial ones for those aforementioned reasons.
new battery got me going,thanx guys

SkidRoe

new battery got me going,thanx guys
Yay, wish they were all that simple.
@mahans - we have been running an Optima yellow top in the 773 (actually bought it that way). No issues in the 4 years we have had it, including starting it in Canadian "winters" - ours are near as bad as where skidsteer.ca lives.
I am 3 years in on a $69 Costco car battery in the 440b. Seems to be holding up. I would love to replace it with an AGM battery, but my frugal ways keep flaring up.

mahans7

Yay, wish they were all that simple.
@mahans - we have been running an Optima yellow top in the 773 (actually bought it that way). No issues in the 4 years we have had it, including starting it in Canadian "winters" - ours are near as bad as where skidsteer.ca lives.
I am 3 years in on a $69 Costco car battery in the 440b. Seems to be holding up. I would love to replace it with an AGM battery, but my frugal ways keep flaring up.
SR, my 743 came with a 5 month old Wal-mart Maxlife battery, which retail for about $110 around here. Our winters in Alabama are usually mild(although not in the 70's like it was today). I'll keep using the car battery until it dies.

HarryN

SR, my 743 came with a 5 month old Wal-mart Maxlife battery, which retail for about $110 around here. Our winters in Alabama are usually mild(although not in the 70's like it was today). I'll keep using the car battery until it dies.
Thanks for the update Bronk.... No matter how simple or complex the problem, it's always nice to hear how the problem was solved.