753 Valve set

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

paulsol_15

I replaced the head on my 753 Kubota v2203 and am having trouble setting the valves. I am having trouble finding TDC as there are no marks on the balancer. There is one mark on the flywheel, but it is BTDC for injection timing. I tried watching for overlap, but the overlap seems to be very short on these engines. I tried setting the valves by watching for the intake valve to open, and then set the exhaust and vice versa. When I run the machine I can still hear valve noise and there is quite a bit of black smoke. There was no smoke prior to changing the head. Any advice would be appreciated.

OldMachinist

photo EngineValveSetting_zps8bbae0cd.jpg

OP
OP
P

paulsol_15

When it says rocker arm rocking, does that mean loose- both valves closed? If so the way that procedure reads, would mean you are adjusting the valves while they are on overlap?

OldMachinist

When it says rocker arm rocking, does that mean loose- both valves closed? If so the way that procedure reads, would mean you are adjusting the valves while they are on overlap?
It says when the rockers are loose(valves closed) on cylinder #4 adjust the valves on #1 cylinder.
#2 valves closed adjust #3
#1 closed adjust #4
#3 closed adjust #2