753 high pitch whine when turning/case drain filters

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
L

lonfu

I normally pry it down until it bottoms out, then I let it off just that it isn't. The pointer isn't really needed. They are loose or missing half the time anyways.
ok babcatdan, pulled the old belt and the new one is the wrong size by 2 inches short. cleaned and reinstalled the old belt. tensioner pointer went to 1 oclock when I released it. I had to to reinstall the old belt, I couldn't get the tensioner pointer to move. I couldn't feel any movement in the bearing /belt tension so I used a 2 foot pry bar and had daughter tighten down the tensioner bolt while I pried down on the tensioner until there was no more give in the belt. when running the belt vibrates just a hair of a dog, so I think I have it about right. I guessing that the spring in the tensioner is shot or frozen. I sprayed the rear spring and mech with some pb blaster to see if I could get it to loosen, but didn't see or feel any changes. I did notice that the tensioner bearing was just a hair loose, is this normal? On a car, I would say that it is on it's way out if I can't adjust it. So, are the tensioner bearings adjustable? Belt does have some wear fractures in between the knobby, so it is time to replace it. Back side of the belt still looks new. Still makes the same noise, arghhh.......Waiting on the new belt again.......

Bobcatdan

ok babcatdan, pulled the old belt and the new one is the wrong size by 2 inches short. cleaned and reinstalled the old belt. tensioner pointer went to 1 oclock when I released it. I had to to reinstall the old belt, I couldn't get the tensioner pointer to move. I couldn't feel any movement in the bearing /belt tension so I used a 2 foot pry bar and had daughter tighten down the tensioner bolt while I pried down on the tensioner until there was no more give in the belt. when running the belt vibrates just a hair of a dog, so I think I have it about right. I guessing that the spring in the tensioner is shot or frozen. I sprayed the rear spring and mech with some pb blaster to see if I could get it to loosen, but didn't see or feel any changes. I did notice that the tensioner bearing was just a hair loose, is this normal? On a car, I would say that it is on it's way out if I can't adjust it. So, are the tensioner bearings adjustable? Belt does have some wear fractures in between the knobby, so it is time to replace it. Back side of the belt still looks new. Still makes the same noise, arghhh.......Waiting on the new belt again.......
Often the tensioner has no interest in moving no matter the length of the bar. In those cases, I have a helper pry with my 3' bar. I have a 2' long piece of aluminum square stock I use as punch and drive the pulley down. This takes a little guessing because you can't tell when it bottoms out. Some minor play in the bearings is normal. There is no adjustment to the bearings.

OP
OP
L

lonfu

Often the tensioner has no interest in moving no matter the length of the bar. In those cases, I have a helper pry with my 3' bar. I have a 2' long piece of aluminum square stock I use as punch and drive the pulley down. This takes a little guessing because you can't tell when it bottoms out. Some minor play in the bearings is normal. There is no adjustment to the bearings.
Guess I'll have to dig around in my garage and come up with a longer pry bar or an extention. How in the heck do you get the aluminum in there? You don't drive down on the bearing do you? I was pulling up on that bar pretty hard and I couldn't get it to move. Longer pry bar huh.... Ran ok today, worked it for about 3 hours with no problems.

antfarmer2

Guess I'll have to dig around in my garage and come up with a longer pry bar or an extention. How in the heck do you get the aluminum in there? You don't drive down on the bearing do you? I was pulling up on that bar pretty hard and I couldn't get it to move. Longer pry bar huh.... Ran ok today, worked it for about 3 hours with no problems.
Maybe some of the oil got in the bearing and made less noise

OP
OP
L

lonfu

Maybe some of the oil got in the bearing and made less noise
Again, bobcatdan, thanks for the pointers. Got the new correct belt which has a new part number. When I went to pull the old one off the pointer, which I couldn't get to move the first time at all, was set to about 1:00. So, installed the new belt and got my floor jack and a piece of 4x4 on end and put pressure on the tensioner. The pointer still wouldn't move, so I did what you suggested, I taped the end of the bearing and walah! it started moving. Got it all the way to 3:00 and tightened the hold down bolt down. I checked the belt tension and there was about 1/4 inch of travel in the pointer to the bottom of the adjustment range. Fired right up and moves fine. But!!!! The whiney sound is still there. It is most noisy when I turn either direction. It is not a bearing sound, it sounds like a fluid sound. I wish some else local here had a bobcat so I could see if theirs sounds the same. The belt was worn out, and dry rot were in between the friction nubs. The noise is less, through. So what can you use the old belt for? I'd wear it to town like Mr. T use wear gold chains around his neck but I don't think the wife would go with me anymore.