751 peugeot XUD9 to Kubota V2203 conversion

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
M

Mrtwisty

thanks for the fast reply. I've never heard them called shifting spanners, I had to look that up, ha. That is what i've been using just seems hard to get to the second hose. Maybe have to take elbow off first to get at the second I guess.
still waiting for some hydraulic fittings. over two weeks. got the exhaust pipe today and the hydraulic hose that runs to the filter, or from, hits exhaust. I could pull it away but how close is too close? how about putting some flex exhaust pipe over the pipe to insulate? I can't get down to the fitting to change angle of hydraulic fitting without pulling engine again. thanks in advance

Tazza

Staff member
still waiting for some hydraulic fittings. over two weeks. got the exhaust pipe today and the hydraulic hose that runs to the filter, or from, hits exhaust. I could pull it away but how close is too close? how about putting some flex exhaust pipe over the pipe to insulate? I can't get down to the fitting to change angle of hydraulic fitting without pulling engine again. thanks in advance
I'd like to keep it a little bit away from the filter, but i don't know if it would be a huge issue as oil will be flowing through the filter when running. Some insulation would help, that's for sure.

OP
OP
M

Mrtwisty

I'd like to keep it a little bit away from the filter, but i don't know if it would be a huge issue as oil will be flowing through the filter when running. Some insulation would help, that's for sure.
got it started and mostly done finally. the drive is in reverse now, forward is backward and vise versa, ha ha just have to switch around. but the bucket and boom don't move yet. Is there just air in the lines?

antfarmer2

got it started and mostly done finally. the drive is in reverse now, forward is backward and vise versa, ha ha just have to switch around. but the bucket and boom don't move yet. Is there just air in the lines?
Keep checking your hydro fluid and work it then let it settle should self bleed

OP
OP
M

Mrtwisty

Keep checking your hydro fluid and work it then let it settle should self bleed
wow, fast reply, thank you. The only movement I had, besides both drives, was bucket tilt down a little bit. There must be alot of air in it. After I switch the drive hoses around I'll mess with it more. Any throttle while working it or just at idle. It just had me worried because the drive worked right away.

antfarmer2

wow, fast reply, thank you. The only movement I had, besides both drives, was bucket tilt down a little bit. There must be alot of air in it. After I switch the drive hoses around I'll mess with it more. Any throttle while working it or just at idle. It just had me worried because the drive worked right away.
Would idle if the cylinders are empty they need to fill keep your fluid filled

OP
OP
M

Mrtwisty

Would idle if the cylinders are empty they need to fill keep your fluid filled
Just to update now on the conversion. The reefer engine cost was $1100 and all the parts new and used were about $2100. That's with no new exhaust, just a straight pipe. I also have to still rig the air filter because the reefer intake points the wrong way and Ive spent enough money already. eventually will get exhaust, the only reason is a lot of hydraulics and filter have to move to install the right muffler. Eventually will get the right intake and hoses for air filter, but it will work for now. I'll update more once I get all the air out of hydraulics.

OP
OP
M

Mrtwisty

Just to update now on the conversion. The reefer engine cost was $1100 and all the parts new and used were about $2100. That's with no new exhaust, just a straight pipe. I also have to still rig the air filter because the reefer intake points the wrong way and Ive spent enough money already. eventually will get exhaust, the only reason is a lot of hydraulics and filter have to move to install the right muffler. Eventually will get the right intake and hoses for air filter, but it will work for now. I'll update more once I get all the air out of hydraulics.
bobcat works great. wiring all done. intake in place. no leaks. just need to get the throttle governor system from bobcat. it's a little slow with the governor it has in it.

Tazza

Staff member
bobcat works great. wiring all done. intake in place. no leaks. just need to get the throttle governor system from bobcat. it's a little slow with the governor it has in it.
Good to hear you got it up and running as it should, that seems like a pretty good price for the conversion.

hobbyskidder22

Mrtwisty, It's been a long time since you started this post but I just purchased a 751 that's had it's XUD9 removed and I'm wondering what you would recommend after all this time has passed: 1. Focus on finding another XUD9 (and possibly rebuild it)? 2. Repower with the Kubota V2203? Keep in mind that this machine is just a hobby project for me and will get more play time from me than hard use ;-). BTW, thanks for sharing your experience thus far, It's been very informative!

OP
OP
M

Mrtwisty

Mrtwisty, It's been a long time since you started this post but I just purchased a 751 that's had it's XUD9 removed and I'm wondering what you would recommend after all this time has passed: 1. Focus on finding another XUD9 (and possibly rebuild it)? 2. Repower with the Kubota V2203? Keep in mind that this machine is just a hobby project for me and will get more play time from me than hard use ;-). BTW, thanks for sharing your experience thus far, It's been very informative!
The Kubota is still running strong. I don't regret that conversion at all. Not sure if I posted but bobcat was able to print me out instructions for the conversion. It didn't take too long, and I even did it with a neck brace on from a broken neck

t_jones98

Hobby, if you're interested in replacing with the XUD, lemme know. Looking to pull mine. Shoot me a message [email protected] Todd.