743 running a bit hot

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
C

Chris 8603

My 742 (same machine as yours-but with a Ford gasoline engine) has the same symptoms, runs hot sometimes, seems like not much air comes out the radiator discharge, but will blow your hat off if you remove the access panel. I'm going to remove the radiator and hydraulic cooler and give both a good cleaning, I think the hydraulic cooler is blocking airflow in my case.
I hope it is your problem. I've chased this problem till I'm ready to pull out my hair. What's left !!! Lol!!!

Micheal

My 742 (same machine as yours-but with a Ford gasoline engine) has the same symptoms, runs hot sometimes, seems like not much air comes out the radiator discharge, but will blow your hat off if you remove the access panel. I'm going to remove the radiator and hydraulic cooler and give both a good cleaning, I think the hydraulic cooler is blocking airflow in my case.

Micheal

You might check the trans charge pressure switch, which is underneath the seat. When the pressure of the hydraulic system gets too high, it will send voltage to the oil temperature switch, which is in the hydraulic control unit causing it to open and release pressure. If that switch isn't opening up, you will definitely have a higher pressure in hydraulic system. Pressure temperature relationship says higher pressure higher temperature. When I hooked mine up my temperature of my engine drop.

OP
OP
C

Chris 8603

I installed a new bourbon tube temp gauge in mine so I could see what the motor was actually doing