743 help...stupid mistake

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

scottwv

Did something dumb today. Dumped 2.5 gallons of diesel into the hydraulic reservoir and then ran it for about an hour before I realized what I had done. Did I do any harm? What do I do now? Thanks for any input.

antfarmer2

Well you did not help it but did clean it a bit drain all and refill a few times working it up and down back and forth then replace the filters what serial number is it?

antfarmer2

serial number is 5019-m-36074
Ok don't think that one will have it but really close we need to check look at the hydro pump on the left side standing on the bucket is there a steal sqaure box on the left side of the pump with three hoses comming out of it going left

antfarmer2

Ok don't think that one will have it but really close we need to check look at the hydro pump on the left side standing on the bucket is there a steal sqaure box on the left side of the pump with three hoses comming out of it going left
Or one big hose comming of the top of the hydro pump going to the left

Tazza

Staff member
Or one big hose comming of the top of the hydro pump going to the left
I'd drain the fluid too, flush it a few times to try and clean it out.
I'd like to think it won't cause any issues if you flush it this way and fill with clean oil. An old school way to clean a petrol engine is to thin the oil with diesel, run it for a while then drain/re-fill.

OP
OP
S

scottwv

I'd drain the fluid too, flush it a few times to try and clean it out.
I'd like to think it won't cause any issues if you flush it this way and fill with clean oil. An old school way to clean a petrol engine is to thin the oil with diesel, run it for a while then drain/re-fill.
it is one hose coming off the top of the pump

antfarmer2

it is one hose coming off the top of the pump
Ok that is what I thought same as mine I would push the old fluid out the aux hydro till it changes sound three times each time dump the filter and refill it working it back and forth up and down save the fluid for the chain case draw the thin off the top after it settles clean your chain case good you don't have the brass filter the last time change your filter it will take a few times to settle to get the air out

antfarmer2

Ok that is what I thought same as mine I would push the old fluid out the aux hydro till it changes sound three times each time dump the filter and refill it working it back and forth up and down save the fluid for the chain case draw the thin off the top after it settles clean your chain case good you don't have the brass filter the last time change your filter it will take a few times to settle to get the air out
Do not run with the light on SHUT IT OFF!!!

wings5j

Do not run with the light on SHUT IT OFF!!!
If it makes you feel any better, I had a room mate in college that decided to change the oil himself on his car.
He drained the oil out and then put the new oil down the tube for his automatic transmission ;-)

John

Rodger

If it makes you feel any better, I had a room mate in college that decided to change the oil himself on his car.
He drained the oil out and then put the new oil down the tube for his automatic transmission ;-)

John
I did the same thing to a vibratory roller a few years ago . Changed the hyd oil and got as much fluid out then put new hyd oil in . Added a quart of the additive Case sells ( tch ??? ) and never had any problems .