743 fan system

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rickyboy

should you clean out the fan system and spray water on the hydro cooler from time to time? took off the 2 pannel today and the hydro cooler seemed very dirty, how should this be cleaned? I have also chenged the glow plugs when I did I poured some engine restore into the cylinder the motor seems to run better and stronger.

Tazza

Staff member
The oil cooler should be free if dirt and oil/grease. The best way i have found is a pressure washer. If its pretty clogged up give it a good squirt with de-greaser and let it sit, then wash down with a pressure washer.
If its simply dirt/dust this should not build up on the cooler fins and a garden hose will keep it under control. If there is oil leaking and being splashed around, this will cause you problems as the oil will collect dirt and cause the fins to block up into 1 big mass.

OP
OP
R

rickyboy

The oil cooler should be free if dirt and oil/grease. The best way i have found is a pressure washer. If its pretty clogged up give it a good squirt with de-greaser and let it sit, then wash down with a pressure washer.
If its simply dirt/dust this should not build up on the cooler fins and a garden hose will keep it under control. If there is oil leaking and being splashed around, this will cause you problems as the oil will collect dirt and cause the fins to block up into 1 big mass.
so is there a drain at the bottom of the plastic housing to let the water out when I clean it?

Tazza

Staff member
so is there a drain at the bottom of the plastic housing to let the water out when I clean it?
There is a hole, just depends on if its all plugged up with crud..... Its about 1/4"
Worst case, when you start the engine, the fly wheel will blow the water out, well more of a splash.... But it won't just sit there.

renopker

There is a hole, just depends on if its all plugged up with crud..... Its about 1/4"
Worst case, when you start the engine, the fly wheel will blow the water out, well more of a splash.... But it won't just sit there.
I take the panel off pressure wash the rad.and with the cab back stick the pressure washer wand in the hole on both sides on the blower housing (pump side) wile its running to clean the junk of the blower wheel and blow it out the housing.(corn cobs ,hay etc.).