742b, what is plug in back for?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Lasher66

Hello, I am a first time owner of a 742b bobcat with mistubhishi gas engine and was searching my manual and don't see anything about the purpose of the 3 prong plug in back. It looks like plug goes to a pump that has either the hydraulic lines going through it or cooling lines. At first I thought it was a block heater but this doesn't appear to be the case. I'm not sure if this is a aftermarket part put on since I cant find anything about it in manual. I did plug it in the pump or whatever it is got warm but didn't know if machine needs to be running when plugged in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jason

mmsllc

If it is located near the rear engine door / hinge area, it could easily be for the lights that should be installed in the rear door. If you can take & post a picture, it might be very helpful.

SkidRoe

If it is located near the rear engine door / hinge area, it could easily be for the lights that should be installed in the rear door. If you can take & post a picture, it might be very helpful.
I don't think 40 series machines had lights in the rear door. Since it has wires that run to the drive pumps, it could be for a back up alarm. HTH - SR

OP
OP
L

Lasher66

The plug goes to where the arrow is pointed. Hopefully this link works for pic. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_dp69v54dYUZjk4RHZOeWw3SVU/view?usp=sharing
It didn't expand in feed but if you copy and paste it should work

Redline

It didn't expand in feed but if you copy and paste it should work
Looks like an aftermarket coolant heater/pump to me. They are supposed to heat the coolant and pump it through the cooling system to help heat it up faster in cold weather. My 642B had one of the sitck on heater "pads" stuck to the oil pan when I got it. Never used it.

wings5j

Looks like an aftermarket coolant heater/pump to me. They are supposed to heat the coolant and pump it through the cooling system to help heat it up faster in cold weather. My 642B had one of the sitck on heater "pads" stuck to the oil pan when I got it. Never used it.
That is what it looks like to me as well, a coolant heater pump. My 742B does not have what is in your picture but I do have a block heater.

Latest posts