721 outer axle seal leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wisconsinjimmy

HELP! I am at wits end with this machine, bought it used a few months back and it needed new bearings which were replaced along with the races and seals. Pulled it out of the shop and darn the right front leaks as if there is no seal in it and same goes for the left rear but not as bad, anyways they leak. Is there some place to buy handi-sleeves for this 721

OP
OP
W

wisconsinjimmy

My 743 has wear sleaves not sure if yours does had to buy from bobcat 20 bucks apiece
That is what I am looking for, called my local dealer to see if he can find the dimension of the seal surface as Bobcat lists no handi-sleeves for the 721. If I can get the measurement of the circumference then I can check with national. I do not like the thought of having to do it again (replace seals) especially the rear as I have to remove the engine and if I took it to the dealer that would be one scary price.

antfarmer2

That is what I am looking for, called my local dealer to see if he can find the dimension of the seal surface as Bobcat lists no handi-sleeves for the 721. If I can get the measurement of the circumference then I can check with national. I do not like the thought of having to do it again (replace seals) especially the rear as I have to remove the engine and if I took it to the dealer that would be one scary price.
Same thing here replaced all new everything and my front right is leaking at least we are getting faster at it lol

antfarmer2

Same thing here replaced all new everything and my front right is leaking at least we are getting faster at it lol
Mine has a little step up for the wear sleave if yours is straight you might be able to use your old bearing to get the measurment

OldMachinist

Mine has a little step up for the wear sleave if yours is straight you might be able to use your old bearing to get the measurment
My cross reference for the 6519927 Bobcat seal says it's a National 412119 which has a 2.375" ID. The Speedi-Sleeve part numbers for that diameter are 99237 (.781" wide) or 99240 (.526" wide). You should verify the seal sealing surface diameter since cross references are not always accurate.

OP
OP
W

wisconsinjimmy

My cross reference for the 6519927 Bobcat seal says it's a National 412119 which has a 2.375" ID. The Speedi-Sleeve part numbers for that diameter are 99237 (.781" wide) or 99240 (.526" wide). You should verify the seal sealing surface diameter since cross references are not always accurate.
Thank you for the information, this just might be the ticket as I cannot comprehend why this axle is leaking fluid like a faucet that has been opened. The manual tells me the seal is to be 1/4" inch in. Only thing I can figure is I put the seal on backwards (lip out) or the axle is worn that much.

antfarmer2

OM to the rescue!!!!!!!