643 verses 743 engine wiring harness.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jp8775

I got a running 643 diesel Kubota 3 cyl engine and wiring harness with it. It came with a 643 bobcat minus everything on top of the tub. Also the drive motor were also gone. My question is basically I can see no reason the harness from this would not work on a 743 the only difference is 3 cylinders verses 4 and the glow plus just hook up in one place. I am putting together a testing stand to run V2203, V1703, and V1702's on after I rebuild them or just to test them as I have purchased a few that I was not able to hear them run.

OP
OP
J

jp8775

I got a running 643 diesel Kubota 3 cyl engine and wiring harness with it. It came with a 643 bobcat minus everything on top of the tub. Also the drive motor were also gone. My question is basically I can see no reason the harness from this would not work on a 743 the only difference is 3 cylinders verses 4 and the glow plus just hook up in one place. I am putting together a testing stand to run V2203, V1703, and V1702's on after I rebuild them or just to test them as I have purchased a few that I was not able to hear them run.
Yes but I have found that they will say they are not but yet they are the same or close enough that they would work. Just wondering if any one has used one in place of. I see no reason why they would not. Electrically the only thing different is 3 glow pugs verses 4 but it only attaches at the end of the glow plug daisy chain. I am going to look at the wiring schematics for both some time today.

Last edited: