642b Mitsubishi Gas engine--oil filter housing

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

brettk1

Does anyone know the best place to locate the oil fliter mount for this engine ?????? The one currently on the engine is stripped where the filter screws on.

flyerdan

Mitsubishi dealer only would be my thoughts
Ken
I've seen spin on filter plates on engines that have just had a close nipple for the filter to thread on, you might check and see if the stripped part will come out. Check and see if the filter is a pipe thread, it might be a real simple fix.

OldMachinist

I've seen spin on filter plates on engines that have just had a close nipple for the filter to thread on, you might check and see if the stripped part will come out. Check and see if the filter is a pipe thread, it might be a real simple fix.
If the nipple is just straight fully threaded you can buy a piece of metric threaded rod(McMaster Carr part #98833A460) and make one or if you know someone with a lathe they could make one. The thread for your filter should be 20mm dia. by 1.5mm pitch.

OldMachinist

If the nipple is just straight fully threaded you can buy a piece of metric threaded rod(McMaster Carr part #98833A460) and make one or if you know someone with a lathe they could make one. The thread for your filter should be 20mm dia. by 1.5mm pitch.
The Mitsubishi 4G32 1.6L engine was used in several automobiles so you might have some luck at a salvage yard. Here are some of the model that used it.
Dodge Colt
Eagle Vista
Plymouth Arrow
Mitsubushi Galant, Lancer, Sigma, L300, Celeste, Sapporo
Hyundai Pony, Stellar

OP
OP
B

brettk1

The Mitsubishi 4G32 1.6L engine was used in several automobiles so you might have some luck at a salvage yard. Here are some of the model that used it.
Dodge Colt
Eagle Vista
Plymouth Arrow
Mitsubushi Galant, Lancer, Sigma, L300, Celeste, Sapporo
Hyundai Pony, Stellar
I'll give the salvage yard idea a try after the holidays-----unfortunately the stripped threads aren't on a separate nipple rather it is a single casting. Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll follow up on what I find at the salvage yard.

skidsteer.ca

I'll give the salvage yard idea a try after the holidays-----unfortunately the stripped threads aren't on a separate nipple rather it is a single casting. Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll follow up on what I find at the salvage yard.
Must be a "bolt on" to the block though?
Ken