630 - Repower

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
P

peebeeaitch

27 Nov 2014
Here are some more pics.
I mentioned to "Captain Bush" (the chap that manufactured the bush for me) that I was concerned about the exhaust heat radiating down and melting the air cleaner cover. He suggested that I make a plate between the exhaust silencer body and the air cleaner cover. I have seen this done on cars on the exhaust system and can understand that another plate that prevents the radiates heat from getting to the cover is good. Here it is:

This is the coupling between the silencer and the exhaust outlet - the slight angle is due to the embarrassing mistake spoken of earlier:

This is the attachment of the exhaust to the body (I've got some touch up spraying to do still):

Here is the modification to the el-cheapo clamp bracket. The ringed part on the photo is actually where the bracket is bent down (look closely) and not the cable. It works well.

Let me know if anyone wants more detail.
Update.
I gave the old motor to a colleague who always wanted one, he says. He stripped the motor and this is what he found:
20150311_01.jpg

20150311_02.jpg width=400

20150311_03.jpg

20150311_04.jpg

20150311_05.jpg (1155×768)

20150311_06.jpg (1155×768)

20150311_07.jpg (1155×768)

So, it seems that it was the correct choice to re-engine the little machine. Wow, I really feel relieved that I did not spend the money in vain.
If anyone wants some of these internals, my colleague is prepared to sell them for a very reasonable price - of course you'll get the good stuff, not the broken parts :)

Tazza

Staff member
Update.
I gave the old motor to a colleague who always wanted one, he says. He stripped the motor and this is what he found:

So, it seems that it was the correct choice to re-engine the little machine. Wow, I really feel relieved that I did not spend the money in vain.
If anyone wants some of these internals, my colleague is prepared to sell them for a very reasonable price - of course you'll get the good stuff, not the broken parts :)
Just a little damage there :)

Latest posts