463/S70 tensioner spring?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
S

skayser2

All 4 bolts removed and I can't move the engine enough to get the new pulley on. The oil fill line prevents me from moving it enough to the left. So I need to pull it straight back enough to get the pulley back on. I thought I had all the lines removed from the hydraulic pumps, but I must not. The engine moves back a little, but not enough. Any thoughts on what I missed? Are there some underneath the hydraulic pumps? BTW, I took your advice and I wired the tension rod to the engine so it won't spring back. Seems to be working fine so far. Thanks
Dave, sounds like the hyrdaulic lines to the wheel motors are holding you from pulling back far enough. Those at the very least. May need to pay attention to electrical looms and lever linkage also. I removed the outside covers at access the lower lines. The others are on the top of each pump so can be accessed there. There may be another down low next to the hydraulic tank. Disconnecting those should allow you to slide it back far enough to remove the pulley. Try to keep any dirt from entering disconnected fittings of course. It's a PIA with this style. They have changed the tensioner design since and have made it allot easier. Go figure. Hope I'm leading you in the right direction. It's easier the second time I'm sure. Good luck! Steve

OP
OP
S

skayser2

Im curious which route you ended up going, could you get the S70 tensioner installed on the 463?
Wow, been awhile on this thread. Never attempted the switch of different model tensioners. I still have the machine. I bought it new 15 years ago this year. Really only used for snow removal with 1,550 total hours currently. I'm on my third tensioner spring and shaft end bushing. I usually just weld up the worn shaft end and machine to fit the new bushing again. I have no idea why the spring doesn't last any longer than it does unless it's just a poor design. That'd be my guess as I really don't work it that hard. Thanks for asking and good luck!!! Steve