4475 won't stay running

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

C_johnsen

I've got a JD 4475 that will not stay running. It's got all new filters. When I turn it on when it's cold it will run 10-30 minutes. After that it's like someone just turned the key off. It will instantly restart when I key cycle it and run another minute or so and turn off again. From what I've read it may be the fuel shut off solenoid or wiring to it? If so how would I go about testing tests and where are they located. Next to the injection pump? It's not showing any warning lights when it shuts off.

jerry

What is the weather like there? If it has been very cold it could be fuel gelling. When it stops does it just quit or lose power first? Mine acted like that when I got summer fuel last winter, take the fuel line off and see if there is a good flow coming from the tank through the filters.

OP
OP
C

C_johnsen

What is the weather like there? If it has been very cold it could be fuel gelling. When it stops does it just quit or lose power first? Mine acted like that when I got summer fuel last winter, take the fuel line off and see if there is a good flow coming from the tank through the filters.
Yesterday it was 60. It did it the last time I used it and it was August then. I took the fuel line off post filter and I got a steady strong stream of fuel. I also took the return line off from the injectors and there was also a good flow. When it turns off it's like the key is just turned off.

OP
OP
C

C_johnsen

It was 60 degrees yesterday and it did it last time I used it in augest so definitely not gelling issues. I took the fuel line off post fuel filter and got a strong flow. I also took the return line from the injectors off and got a good return flow as well. When it turns off it's like the key is just turned off

antfarmer2

It was 60 degrees yesterday and it did it last time I used it in augest so definitely not gelling issues. I took the fuel line off post fuel filter and got a strong flow. I also took the return line from the injectors off and got a good return flow as well. When it turns off it's like the key is just turned off
Wire back the shut off to keep open....,check for water in the fuel

jerry

wire back the shut off? the fuel is new, clean, and water free.
Keep a test light in the cab and next time it dies do not turn off key but get out and see if there is current coming to the fuel solenoid . It does sound like a wiring problem, maybe a bad connector or even bad or loose clamp on battery or ground.