335 swing motor leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

L&W

my 2007 335 has a leak from swing motor/carrier. Pulled the belly plate off and noticed leak from center of carrier.I bought a seal kit and pulled the floor plate in the cab to scope out before undertaking job.Few ? Is the leak most likely from the swing motor or carrier? Does the carrier get hydro fluid from the motor? Is there anything that can be replaced without removing motor/carrier? Should I remove motor carrier and have pro repair? Thanx

melli

The swing motor carrier doesn't get hydro fluid at all...just a bearing and gear to turn house (swing motor sits on top). If hydro fluid is leaking, it is coming from swing motor...jm2c

melli

The swing motor carrier doesn't get hydro fluid at all...just a bearing and gear to turn house (swing motor sits on top). If hydro fluid is leaking, it is coming from swing motor...jm2c
Might have to take back what i said...the manual says to put in hydro fluid to cover top bearing in carrier when reassembling, so maybe it gets fluid from motor...hard to tell in manual. I see an o-ring between motor and carrier...maybe it leaking through that. Easy fix as far as things go... If leaking out bottom, then it sounds like carrier needs to be rebuilt.

Latest posts