326 D will not work in rain

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SkidsDeereMech

If this unit has no foot throttle, remove the foot well and on the operators right side under the foot control there will be a bag with a connector in it. Make sure there is no water in the connector. Two other locations to check for water are on the wiring harness beside the ECU "with the cab raised" there are two connectors there. One is a four pin weather pac and the other is a three pin make sure there is no moisture inside these.These connectors should just be capped they are the connectoin points for the remote start diagnostic box. The final and most commen problem place is the connection for the fuel pump solenoids on the rear rhs of the engine I'm pretty sure it is an 8 pin deutsch connector push the tab down and pull the connector out inspect for moisture. I hope this is clear enough and helps. When I say inspect for moisture I actually mean blow out the connector with compressed air.

OP
OP
D

dragstriptrash

If this unit has no foot throttle, remove the foot well and on the operators right side under the foot control there will be a bag with a connector in it. Make sure there is no water in the connector. Two other locations to check for water are on the wiring harness beside the ECU "with the cab raised" there are two connectors there. One is a four pin weather pac and the other is a three pin make sure there is no moisture inside these.These connectors should just be capped they are the connectoin points for the remote start diagnostic box. The final and most commen problem place is the connection for the fuel pump solenoids on the rear rhs of the engine I'm pretty sure it is an 8 pin deutsch connector push the tab down and pull the connector out inspect for moisture. I hope this is clear enough and helps. When I say inspect for moisture I actually mean blow out the connector with compressed air.
Thank you for your reply the only thing i havent done is on the fuel pump solenoids will do that tomorrow THANKS

SkidsDeereMech

OK I raised the cab looked on the right side of the engine found a 6 pin connector removed the plug cleaned and put electrical grease in it washed the unit and same thing happened. will only run at idle PLEASE HELP!
so you checked the two connectors that are dead ended on the way up the the fues panel? the four pin male and the three pin male weather pac connectors? Is you rotary hand throttle at the idle position at start up did you cycle it? have you been having problems with the foot throttle? Hmmm let me think on it a bit more. These are the usuall suspects.

OP
OP
D

dragstriptrash

so you checked the two connectors that are dead ended on the way up the the fues panel? the four pin male and the three pin male weather pac connectors? Is you rotary hand throttle at the idle position at start up did you cycle it? have you been having problems with the foot throttle? Hmmm let me think on it a bit more. These are the usuall suspects.
no foot throttle, always start at idle. on know of 1 weather pac under eoot well where is other? thanks

SkidsDeereMech

no foot throttle, always start at idle. on know of 1 weather pac under eoot well where is other? thanks
I'm going shoot you a min video tomorrow I'm just trying to figure out how to send you a private message so i can exchange e-mail addresses with you. Or maybe put it on youtube?

Tazza

Staff member
Here's my very first attempt at a youtube video. Hopefully I don't get canned for it. http://youtu.be/ZQCmvTTMfAc
Nice job!
The only thing you probably should do is rename the file to what you want it to appear as on youtune so that when you search on youtube, it will show up. It currently is just called IMG13891
I haven't put any videos up on youtube, so i'm not sure if that's all that is needed or not.

SkidsDeereMech

Nice job!
The only thing you probably should do is rename the file to what you want it to appear as on youtune so that when you search on youtube, it will show up. It currently is just called IMG13891
I haven't put any videos up on youtube, so i'm not sure if that's all that is needed or not.
I just figured it would stay a little more limited audience wise with a copy and paste address bar rather than be able to search for it. Never made a youtube video before and I was nervous as all hell.

Tazza

Staff member
I just figured it would stay a little more limited audience wise with a copy and paste address bar rather than be able to search for it. Never made a youtube video before and I was nervous as all hell.
That is a good point, limiting the group of people to see it.
No need to be nervous, you did well. Now we will start to expect more detailed videos of all the other problem areas :)

OP
OP
D

dragstriptrash

That is a good point, limiting the group of people to see it.
No need to be nervous, you did well. Now we will start to expect more detailed videos of all the other problem areas :)
Super detailed vid and thanks. the only one I have no tried was at the fuse block. will try that and Thanks again

OP
OP
D

dragstriptrash

Super detailed vid and thanks. the only one I have no tried was at the fuse block. will try that and Thanks again
ok upon inspection i found the 3 pin weather pac unplugged from its case, could this really cause this problem, I wont know until it rains again. Thanks for all you help

SkidsDeereMech

ok upon inspection i found the 3 pin weather pac unplugged from its case, could this really cause this problem, I wont know until it rains again. Thanks for all you help
The three pin connector is used on the remote start box in order to control the throttle while the cab is up. If one of these locations gets wet it could cause the plug to short. If you start your machine and the hand throttle is not at "0" or the low idle position the ecu receives a signal saying, hey something is wrong here the pedal or hand throttle dial must be returned to zero before a manual increase in throttle is allowed. Its a safety fail safe. so the machine cant take off or have the idle race upon start up. You could check the two connectors at the top rear of the cab above the rear window. These aren't usually the cause of this problem but you are starting to run out of options for things you can do at home. When checking the two connectors at the back check for bent or loose pins tug gently on each of the wires to ensure they are secure in the plugs.