322 hydraulics wont work

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tlstefan

I've got a 322 that I believe blew a hose and pissed out all the hydraulic fluid. I'm pretty sure it was a drive hose since I had something similar happen earlier this summer. Problem is I can't lift the cab due to the machine is in a bit of a hole and i can't get the arms all the way down. So I dumped a pail of hydraulic fluid in, started it up but the hydraulics will not work at all, not even a little bit, not even a sound of them trying absolutely nothing. Any ideas?

lfutrell

You may have to have a extension to go behind the lift arms to remove the nuts that hold the cab down, But the arms don't have to be down to raise the cab. Be sure to use the locking bar to keep it from coming down with you in there.

OP
OP
T

tlstefan

You may have to have a extension to go behind the lift arms to remove the nuts that hold the cab down, But the arms don't have to be down to raise the cab. Be sure to use the locking bar to keep it from coming down with you in there.
First of all If I were to unbolt the cab at the back how would I just lift a cab off. I understand the arms don't have to be raised, but they do have to be all the way down. Either way that a small part of the problem. The big problem is why none of my hydraulics works. It's not electrical, switches or parking brake stuff! I'm wondering if the pump would cavitate if it ran dry of hydraulic fluid. The hydraulics don't work at all, they don't whine, the don't do anything. But the pedals and everything move, so they're not locked.

jerry

First of all If I were to unbolt the cab at the back how would I just lift a cab off. I understand the arms don't have to be raised, but they do have to be all the way down. Either way that a small part of the problem. The big problem is why none of my hydraulics works. It's not electrical, switches or parking brake stuff! I'm wondering if the pump would cavitate if it ran dry of hydraulic fluid. The hydraulics don't work at all, they don't whine, the don't do anything. But the pedals and everything move, so they're not locked.
It sounds like the pumps are either completely shot or the connection between the pumps and the engine has failed. Best to get a wrecker out there and get it where you can work on it and see what the original oil leak was.

jerry

It sounds like the pumps are either completely shot or the connection between the pumps and the engine has failed. Best to get a wrecker out there and get it where you can work on it and see what the original oil leak was.
I would certainly not run the engine any more till you have made sure its not a mechanical failure , it could just make the damage worse.

SkidsDeereMech

I would certainly not run the engine any more till you have made sure its not a mechanical failure , it could just make the damage worse.
"What the guy above me said" ^^^^^^First thing first. Get it out of the hole and to a safe working area. Inspect for oil leaks. If there is oil everywhere. Shut'er down and find the leak. You can raise the cab with the arms down you will need to raise the cab about 2" and put something in there to keep it up remove the two panels attached to either side of the bottom front of the cab. raise the cab the full extent. Inspect for the leak remove panels ect find that sonofgun. If there isn't a major leak. You having no hydraulics would have me believe the pump coupling "lovejoy" coupling has failed or the coupling that splines to the HST pump drives has failed. "TLDR If you aren't leaking oil it is most likely mechanical"