2066 Mustang troubles

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

redlee

I have a 2066 Cummins Mustang, since I bought it starts and runs fine . The other day when I started it , it idled fine but would run rough on throttle up it would miss and belch black smoke. I let it idle for awhile and then it was back to normal, any ideas. Thanks

OP
OP
R

redlee

Sorry thought this was for all Skidsteers,anyways any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Sorry thought this was for all Skidsteers,anyways any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Possibly it was cold? or a bad injector.
When the injectors are bad or need a clean they can make it puff black smoke. If it cleared up it may have been something stuck under the seat of the injector nozzle. It may be an idea to get them cleaned/reconditioned.
It will run rough if one cylinder is not firing as the fuel is not in a mist to burn efficiently.
Just a thought.
But as it idled ok, i'm not 100% on that, check your air and fuel filters while you are at it.

OP
OP
R

redlee

Possibly it was cold? or a bad injector.
When the injectors are bad or need a clean they can make it puff black smoke. If it cleared up it may have been something stuck under the seat of the injector nozzle. It may be an idea to get them cleaned/reconditioned.
It will run rough if one cylinder is not firing as the fuel is not in a mist to burn efficiently.
Just a thought.
But as it idled ok, i'm not 100% on that, check your air and fuel filters while you are at it.
Thanks, checked air filter, its dirty.

Latest posts