Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Heatmaker

Having problems tilting and lifting loader bucket.. The bucket goes up and down when I press the emergency button. I went to the back of the machine today, and disconnected the little electrical connection to the valves and reconnected them, I went back into the machine, and heard a click when the key was turn into the on position and the bucket worked normal.. I used the machine for an hour and shut it down, and it did the same thing.. Any Ideas

farmshop

Still having problem?? Any ideas where I can start to troubleshoot
Does the park brake unlock or does it stay locked. If just the loader stays locked I would check for power to the solenoid also check the ground. Ours are grounded right to the machine.

OP
OP
H

Heatmaker

Does the park brake unlock or does it stay locked. If just the loader stays locked I would check for power to the solenoid also check the ground. Ours are grounded right to the machine.
The parking brake does unlock. The loader bucket is my only problem. I am going to chase the wires back from each solenoid today to check for any chaffing or breaks. Also, Mine is grounded to the machine and I will double check that.. Do you know what I should get for a reading when I put a volt meter to the solenoid connectors? I thank you for your input and helping chase down this nightmare

farmshop

The parking brake does unlock. The loader bucket is my only problem. I am going to chase the wires back from each solenoid today to check for any chaffing or breaks. Also, Mine is grounded to the machine and I will double check that.. Do you know what I should get for a reading when I put a volt meter to the solenoid connectors? I thank you for your input and helping chase down this nightmare
I would assume 12 volts. Have you checked all the fuses if you face a solenoid or wire going bad might have burned a fuse

OP
OP
H

Heatmaker

I would assume 12 volts. Have you checked all the fuses if you face a solenoid or wire going bad might have burned a fuse
Thanks Farmshop, It has to be one of the wires.. I separated them yesterday and it worked perfect. I appreciate your input

farmshop

Thanks Farmshop, It has to be one of the wires.. I separated them yesterday and it worked perfect. I appreciate your input
If all else fails or you are looking for a cheap temporary fix you can remove the lock solenoid and grind the pinned down to disable the lock. BUT you would want to be careful for unwanted movement

OP
OP
H

Heatmaker

If all else fails or you are looking for a cheap temporary fix you can remove the lock solenoid and grind the pinned down to disable the lock. BUT you would want to be careful for unwanted movement
Farm, is the lock solenoid on the valves for lift, tilt, aux.where the hot, and ground wire goes to. I was going to try to just cut them out, but didn't want to open a can of worms

OP
OP
H

Heatmaker

Farm, is the lock solenoid on the valves for lift, tilt, aux.where the hot, and ground wire goes to. I was going to try to just cut them out, but didn't want to open a can of worms
I just pulled all the ground wires, cleaned up where its ground to on the machine. I disconnected the linkage on the tilt valve, and the pedal moves freely. I also jumped the emergency switch and nothing worked as of yet,, I cant find any chaffing or breaks in the wires.. Do you know if I should have power to the valve with just the key on, or does the motor have to be running.

farmshop

I just pulled all the ground wires, cleaned up where its ground to on the machine. I disconnected the linkage on the tilt valve, and the pedal moves freely. I also jumped the emergency switch and nothing worked as of yet,, I cant find any chaffing or breaks in the wires.. Do you know if I should have power to the valve with just the key on, or does the motor have to be running.
I am not sure if it needs to run to get power there or not. I know there is a charge pressure switch to keep the machine running not sure if they locks are through that or not.

farmshop

I am not sure if it needs to run to get power there or not. I know there is a charge pressure switch to keep the machine running not sure if they locks are through that or not.
Yes the locks are screwed into the valves where the control cables hook up. Hex shaped . If you screw them out there is a pin about 1/4" dia or so. Just make sure you don't loose the shim washer .

OP
OP
H

Heatmaker

Yes the locks are screwed into the valves where the control cables hook up. Hex shaped . If you screw them out there is a pin about 1/4" dia or so. Just make sure you don't loose the shim washer .
Thanks Farm for all your input.. Well I narrowed it down to an electrical problem.. I wired the solenoids direct to the key switch, with a in line 15 amp fuse to each of them

farmshop

Thanks Farm for all your input.. Well I narrowed it down to an electrical problem.. I wired the solenoids direct to the key switch, with a in line 15 amp fuse to each of them
So can you still lock the solenoid or are they powered by the key all the.time. nice fix that is one complaint I have had with mustang is the chinsy wiring