2006 bobcat 553

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rockosteel1

I have a 2006 bobcat 553 that i don't use much only has 74 hrs on it. has been running fine until a few months ago would not start changed fuel filter seemed ok after that. have not used in a couple of months went to start and its not getting fuel to the injectors but is getting plenty of fuel to the bleed screw at the injector manifold . i thought that maybe the solinoid ? but have not tried this yet I am not very fimiliar with this engine . Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

OldMachinist

Sound like you may have some fuel that when bad. Diesel fuel will go bad and clog filters and injectors.

OP
OP
R

rockosteel1

Sound like you may have some fuel that when bad. Diesel fuel will go bad and clog filters and injectors.
thanks,but i get plenty of fuel through the filter up to the bleeder screw at the manifold that the injector lines connect to, but if i disconnect the injector lines from the injectors i don't get any fuel out of them, i am losing it in the injector manifold--does the solinoid on the back of the manifold shut down the fuel supply??

Tazza

Staff member
thanks,but i get plenty of fuel through the filter up to the bleeder screw at the manifold that the injector lines connect to, but if i disconnect the injector lines from the injectors i don't get any fuel out of them, i am losing it in the injector manifold--does the solinoid on the back of the manifold shut down the fuel supply??
I guess it is possible its your fuel cut solenoid, can you ensure its in the run position and tie it in place, see if it will start?
Machines really should be started every few months to get the oil moving and ratte out the hornet nests. Its all good in theory, but things get forgotten.

mrfixitpaul

I guess it is possible its your fuel cut solenoid, can you ensure its in the run position and tie it in place, see if it will start?
Machines really should be started every few months to get the oil moving and ratte out the hornet nests. Its all good in theory, but things get forgotten.
Definitely sounds like the fuel solenoid is not working.....probably just some rust / binding of the linkage due to all the sitting.

Latest posts