2004ish S250 Bobcat is locked out by BICS

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nate379

2004ish Bobcat S250. Green press to operate button is not working. Press it and the light doesn't come on and the machine can't be used. Once in a while in the past couple weeks it was being fussy. By moving the foot pedals or travel arms a bit would work, I figured perhaps there was a bit of pressure on the solenoid or something like that. All the lights come on when the key is turned, engine runs, just won't unlock. Seat bar light is working, so I'm assuming the seat bar switch is fine. I'm not sure if there is power at the switch, I can't find any wiring schematics for this machine. I have the maintenance manual which is virtually a waste of paper. Says for BICS issues to "see dealer" If I jump the "traction" relay in the fuse panel that would bypass the switch correct? I have no issues working on this machine, but I just have nearly zero info on how to troubleshoot it!

OP
OP
N

nate379

Ok, sorry it's all one paragraph. I'm not sure why since I had it all spaced out properly. The website glued it all together I guess?

Tazza

Staff member
Ok, sorry it's all one paragraph. I'm not sure why since I had it all spaced out properly. The website glued it all together I guess?
For your paragraphs, click on your profile and tick the box that says ust HTML editor. If you use internet explorer, it should hold the formatting for you.
Now, the problem....
What happens if you press the traction lock overied button, does the brake come off and allow you to move? but still has the lift/tilt locked?

OP
OP
N

nate379

For your paragraphs, click on your profile and tick the box that says ust HTML editor. If you use internet explorer, it should hold the formatting for you.
Now, the problem....
What happens if you press the traction lock overied button, does the brake come off and allow you to move? but still has the lift/tilt locked?
Traction over ride did nothing. Also the parking brake switch would not work (light not coming on). Park brake was on, but normally the light works on the switch even if the seat bar is up. I was able to move it by jumping the traction relay. There is a lift/tilt fuse, but no relay so I couldn't jump that one. Got the machine working yesterday, but I'm not sure what the problem was? I pulled the dash apart (just a few screws) to check for any chaffed wiring, loose plugs, etc. Had pulled it out the night before but I was working on a 20+hr day at that point and I was about ready to burn the machine down. Anyhow everything was ok, not really anything serviceable in that area. Tested it out for giggles and it was working just fine. Used it all of yesterday with no troubles.

OP
OP
N

nate379

Traction over ride did nothing. Also the parking brake switch would not work (light not coming on). Park brake was on, but normally the light works on the switch even if the seat bar is up. I was able to move it by jumping the traction relay. There is a lift/tilt fuse, but no relay so I couldn't jump that one. Got the machine working yesterday, but I'm not sure what the problem was? I pulled the dash apart (just a few screws) to check for any chaffed wiring, loose plugs, etc. Had pulled it out the night before but I was working on a 20+hr day at that point and I was about ready to burn the machine down. Anyhow everything was ok, not really anything serviceable in that area. Tested it out for giggles and it was working just fine. Used it all of yesterday with no troubles.
Also I did what you said for the paragraphs and it's not working. Dunno, I'm not a computer guy.

Tazza

Staff member
Also I did what you said for the paragraphs and it's not working. Dunno, I'm not a computer guy.
That is very strange that it's now working..... But hey, hopefully it keeps on doing it.
Are you ising internet explorer for your web browser for this site? It can be a little picky.

OP
OP
N

nate379

That is very strange that it's now working..... But hey, hopefully it keeps on doing it.
Are you ising internet explorer for your web browser for this site? It can be a little picky.
No, I tried it both on Safari and Opera, that's the only 2 browsers I have (I use my iPhone for internet)