2004 BOBCAT 328 excavator = Won't stop beeping / flashing light

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mmsllc

I just bought this machine today. I like it a whole lot, but it will not stop beeping. While beeping, it flashes a symbol that looks to indicate a hydraulic or pump or pressure problem. The 'symbol' that flashes is an image that looks like two gears rotating with two arrows point through them. It looks as if it is showing fluid flow through the two gears; hence the idea of "hydraulic" / "pump" / "pressure" related issue. It seems to beep in a sequence that I have yet to understand. I did unplug the hydraulic pressure sensor & then it beeped more often & with a different sequence. Any help would be great. Thanks guys.

OP
OP
M

mmsllc

It could be low charge pressure, or plugged filter warning?
When I was inspecting it yesterday, it was pretty low on hyd fluid. We added about 2/3 of a gallon to top it off, but the flashing & beeping continued. It seems to have good hyd pressure. About the only thing wrong with it (other than this issue) is boom cylinder & bucket cylinder leak fluid. We tried turning the key off, waiting a minute, then restarting, but it did not help. I will be changing the filter tomorrow, as today was impossibly hectic.

OP
OP
M

mmsllc

When I was inspecting it yesterday, it was pretty low on hyd fluid. We added about 2/3 of a gallon to top it off, but the flashing & beeping continued. It seems to have good hyd pressure. About the only thing wrong with it (other than this issue) is boom cylinder & bucket cylinder leak fluid. We tried turning the key off, waiting a minute, then restarting, but it did not help. I will be changing the filter tomorrow, as today was impossibly hectic.
TAAZA, Have you ever repaired a BOBCAT bucket quick disconnect. Mine seems to be missing parts that supposed to hold the bucket in place when curling the bucket backwards / to dump. Are there repair parts available for these? Are they economically worth fixing?

Bobcatdan

TAAZA, Have you ever repaired a BOBCAT bucket quick disconnect. Mine seems to be missing parts that supposed to hold the bucket in place when curling the bucket backwards / to dump. Are there repair parts available for these? Are they economically worth fixing?
Any service codes, it should display codes threw the hour meter.

OP
OP
M

mmsllc

Any service codes, it should display codes threw the hour meter.
No idea of what they would look like. I just bought this piece & it came with this little problem. I will be changing the hyd filter, along with doing a full PM on the engine AND repacking the main boom cylinder, too. I will look at the display good to better answer your question.

OP
OP
M

mmsllc

No idea of what they would look like. I just bought this piece & it came with this little problem. I will be changing the hyd filter, along with doing a full PM on the engine AND repacking the main boom cylinder, too. I will look at the display good to better answer your question.
I finally got the code from the machine. A "12-21" was what I found. Does that help enough to figure it out?

OP
OP
M

mmsllc

Have a look at this:
http://cdn-4.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/bigvalleytractor/AllServiceCodes.pdf

12-21 - Front Auxiliary Thumb Paddle Switch Out Of Range High
Hope this helps - SR
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately for me, it is still not helpful enough to know what I need to do with this issue. Are we talking about an actual rocker switch on a control lever some where being bad, or is it going to be an entire control head that I'll have to replace? I'm still lost. I am not out of my league here, I just don't understand the terminology. Please just speak easy at me, thanks.

Latest posts