2003 T190 turbo w/ Hiflow & ACS - Have problem with grapple

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hitempguy

Hi, My T190 has a problem running a grapple. When I click the front button on the right control lever, I can open the grapple, but then it starts closing by itself. It seems the system is short circuiting. I can't close with any force until I tilt the grapple, then the grapples close with just little force. Then when I dump, I have to rock the toggle on the back to open the grapple. After I back away and start ahead lowering and tilting the grapple, the system loads the hydraulics to the point of stalling. After I click the right trigger, the pressure is relieved and the RPM comes back up. Also when I leave the cab and raise the BICS bar, the grapples fly open. I have checked the solenoids H1 And H2 for the auxiliary on hydraulic control valve and they are within spec (4 ohms). thanks for any help.....

lesgawlik

What happens when you operate it with the thumbswitch on the right control lever? I think my T200 does about the same thing- when I use the front button, it closes and stays closed. I have no trouble when I use the thumbswitch left and right to open and close the grapple.

OP
OP
H

hitempguy

What happens when you operate it with the thumbswitch on the right control lever? I think my T200 does about the same thing- when I use the front button, it closes and stays closed. I have no trouble when I use the thumbswitch left and right to open and close the grapple.
The thumb switch will open the grapple, but as soon as I let go of the button the grapple will close, but not with force until I tilt the bucket up or down. The confusing part is sometimes the trigger will open the grapple , then it won't do it again right away. Then the hydraulic system will lug the engine down, until I click the trigger again. It seems something is stuck somewhere but I don't even know where to start. Like I said all the solenoids appear to be within spec, but I don't know if a spool or check is stuck open causing the system to loop.....

Tazza

Staff member
The thumb switch will open the grapple, but as soon as I let go of the button the grapple will close, but not with force until I tilt the bucket up or down. The confusing part is sometimes the trigger will open the grapple , then it won't do it again right away. Then the hydraulic system will lug the engine down, until I click the trigger again. It seems something is stuck somewhere but I don't even know where to start. Like I said all the solenoids appear to be within spec, but I don't know if a spool or check is stuck open causing the system to loop.....
It sounds like you have a problem with your aux hydraulic stems. If they get sticky they can do as you describe. I had one that owuld only open, it wouldn't close. I pulled it apart and cleaned it out and worked great. Another i had was bent, so it needed replacing. They are very fragile, if they get over tightened or kncked they can fail.

OP
OP
H

hitempguy

It sounds like you have a problem with your aux hydraulic stems. If they get sticky they can do as you describe. I had one that owuld only open, it wouldn't close. I pulled it apart and cleaned it out and worked great. Another i had was bent, so it needed replacing. They are very fragile, if they get over tightened or kncked they can fail.
How much or how big of a piece of dirt or grit would it take to plug an orfice or cause a problem with the spools? The grapple was a rental, so I don't know if the users cleaned the connections before using it and it already had crap in the lines when I got it. I am pretty anal about cleaning the connectors on any attachment

OP
OP
H

hitempguy

How much or how big of a piece of dirt or grit would it take to plug an orfice or cause a problem with the spools? The grapple was a rental, so I don't know if the users cleaned the connections before using it and it already had crap in the lines when I got it. I am pretty anal about cleaning the connectors on any attachment
here is a link, sounds like the same problem http://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?10849-control-valve-on-bobcat-brand-equipment&s=be952ebbc85f79c0de219faaf1322e3e

wvtrees

Activate the variable flow button and only use the right-hand thumb toggle. Right trigger activates the continuos flow(not needed to use grapple). You only need to the toggle thumb on right controller to open, then toggle opposite direction to close. I have rear stabilizers that are on my left controller thumb toggle. I have hit the trigger using my grapple and the same happened as you described. Hope this helps. I have 2003 T190 Hi-flow & ACS too.