1818 Case

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mac2010

Looking for a little help. Just bought an 1818 for cleaning out the barn pens. No operators manual and I am not sure what type of oil for engine and hydraulics? 3 cylinder diesel and 1997 I believe is the year. Any help with oil types and copy of operators manual would be great. I know ZackaryMac has one of these units if he could chime in or email me. Kirk

ZackaryMac

Kirk Sorry for the slow reply. Mine is a gas, it takes 10w-30 oil in the engine, and also 10w-30 in the chaincases. The hydraulics takes 10w-30 also, however Case recommends you use their additive in it also...one liter per fill-up, which I think is something like 30 liters. I don't have a manual either, but some searching came up with this. I can't remember what the name of the additive is. I haven't changes all my fluid yet, just topped it up, as it still looks new. I believe the diesel is a Kubota. If it is, it may also take 10w-30, but diesel rated. The two Kubota diesel engines I have, one in a sub compact tractor, takes this for oil. If you haven't found out about all this already, do some searching, and you should be able to come up with the info you seek.

OP
OP
M

mac2010

Kirk Sorry for the slow reply. Mine is a gas, it takes 10w-30 oil in the engine, and also 10w-30 in the chaincases. The hydraulics takes 10w-30 also, however Case recommends you use their additive in it also...one liter per fill-up, which I think is something like 30 liters. I don't have a manual either, but some searching came up with this. I can't remember what the name of the additive is. I haven't changes all my fluid yet, just topped it up, as it still looks new. I believe the diesel is a Kubota. If it is, it may also take 10w-30, but diesel rated. The two Kubota diesel engines I have, one in a sub compact tractor, takes this for oil. If you haven't found out about all this already, do some searching, and you should be able to come up with the info you seek.
Thanks for the reply. Got all of the fluids changed and I did use the additive in the hydraulics. Had an oil leak when we bought it, but the pumps were dry so I was not too worried about it. Found a loose fitting on the drive hydraulic motor. Need to repair some home-made wiring job on the starter (marrets!), but other than that works excellent. Should the chain drives be dry in the sumps and just oil them when necessary? I will be looking for a service manual over the winter. Kirk

ZackaryMac

Thanks for the reply. Got all of the fluids changed and I did use the additive in the hydraulics. Had an oil leak when we bought it, but the pumps were dry so I was not too worried about it. Found a loose fitting on the drive hydraulic motor. Need to repair some home-made wiring job on the starter (marrets!), but other than that works excellent. Should the chain drives be dry in the sumps and just oil them when necessary? I will be looking for a service manual over the winter. Kirk
Kirk Somewhere on my machine it's written that the chaincase gets 3 liters (quarts are close enogh) of 10w-30 oil per side. The drain plug is on the bottom of each side, not readily obvious - allen-headed plugs, if I remember. Fill plugs are on the side, between the wheels. Check the chain tension for the wheels also, by lifting the wheels off the ground and rolling them back and forth. Each wheel assy will slide ahead and back to adjust tension, as there is a chain per wheel. I'm told that letting the chains get slack will almost guarantee a breakage, from the chain whipping.

Latest posts