12 volt attachment solenoids

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skayser2

Haven't had one fail yet....shouldn't have mentioned that. I have a bobcat SB150 snowblower with the chute "turn N tilt" solenoid controlled. Any generic brands and suppliers out there or are these strictly Bobcat?$$ Thanks! Steve

OP
OP
S

skayser2

Can't find allot of info out there about these bobcat solenoid coils. I understand that if a function stops working that checking the 12 volt signal to the coils would be the first step. 2nd, the coils themselves. If they check okay than checking for sticking stems or valves would be next. Was just wondering if the coils are a common hydraulic store item or strictly Bobcat. Would like to have one on hand in the event of a failure. Thanks! Steve

OP
OP
S

skayser2

Can't find allot of info out there about these bobcat solenoid coils. I understand that if a function stops working that checking the 12 volt signal to the coils would be the first step. 2nd, the coils themselves. If they check okay than checking for sticking stems or valves would be next. Was just wondering if the coils are a common hydraulic store item or strictly Bobcat. Would like to have one on hand in the event of a failure. Thanks! Steve
Bobcat uses these 12 volt coils all over their machines and attachments apparently. Part #6671025 shows up quite often it seems. (4) are used on the SB150 snowblower control block. The solenoids are actually the stem and related seals etc I guess. The coils are just that, coils. Found a new one on Ebay for $40 but not sure what the dealer gets for them yet. I'll give em a call later. When I learn something new, it's always a good day :) Steve

Tazza

Staff member
Bobcat uses these 12 volt coils all over their machines and attachments apparently. Part #6671025 shows up quite often it seems. (4) are used on the SB150 snowblower control block. The solenoids are actually the stem and related seals etc I guess. The coils are just that, coils. Found a new one on Ebay for $40 but not sure what the dealer gets for them yet. I'll give em a call later. When I learn something new, it's always a good day :) Steve
I see no reason why a generic one wouldn't work, but then you'd need to ensure the voltage is the same as with the outlet sizes to suit your hoses.