04 s220 with low/ extremly low charge pressure

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Salbendidi

I bought this machine with these codes. It has 0 passenger side operation. And when you use the driver side control which have very little response the passenger wheels just roll. The lift arms and tilt have no response at all. A new belt has been installed and set properly. Before it went into bobcat Regina it had low charge pressure. When it left it was extremly low charge pressure. They swapped out the charge pump. Which solved nothing. So they put the original back on. Bobcat Regina said " this machine is scrap metal. Trade it on a new 1". It left bobcat worse then before, tagged with a 4500 dollar bill. ( the guy I bought it from paid the bill). Can someone point me in the right direction. This machine has 4400 hrs. My next step was making sure the pickup isn't plugged off in the Hyd tank and making sure the pully isn't spinning on the pump shaft. Thanks in advance

jlmoon

Relief / poppet valves and seat wear? Have you checked these? What are your circuit pressures? Could your charge pump be leaking internally? I don't know the 863 circuit very well.. but suspect is is similar to a 853. Am I right?

OP
OP
S

Salbendidi

Relief / poppet valves and seat wear? Have you checked these? What are your circuit pressures? Could your charge pump be leaking internally? I don't know the 863 circuit very well.. but suspect is is similar to a 853. Am I right?
This is bobcats service invoice. Diagnose and repair code 05-15/ inspect driveline noise The machine arrived with a service code of 05-15 and to also inspect the machine for a driveline noise. We scanned the machine to find the code is a low charge pressure code. We then performed a test on the Hyd pump/charge pump of the machine to find it was only putting out 8 gallons per min when it should be putting out 16 gallons per min. There was also a problem with the front aux Hyd. They were stuck. We also found there was a broken spring on 1 end of the spool and replaced it with a new 1 to repair this problem we then removed the gear pump and found it was badly damaged and installed a new unit and tested and found the gallons per min were now correct but still had a low charge pressure. We checked the charge pressure relief valave assembly to find that the poppet and seat were damaged and the Hyd flow was bypassing causing the low charge pressure. In order to determine the problem the Hyd pump assembly had to be taken apart. Once apart we found the complete assembly needed repair or replacement. We reassembled the pumps and reinstalled. We removed the gear pump and re installed the original pump. We reassembled the machine as requested. The code is still present and the machine will shut down soon after starting. The machine requires a new gear pump hydrostatic pump and probably new drive motors. Repairs to the machine have been declined O ring Spring Gasket Ch, relief Quad ring Element kit, in O ring Spring Lip seal O ring Bill was 4138.65

OldMachinist

This is bobcats service invoice. Diagnose and repair code 05-15/ inspect driveline noise The machine arrived with a service code of 05-15 and to also inspect the machine for a driveline noise. We scanned the machine to find the code is a low charge pressure code. We then performed a test on the Hyd pump/charge pump of the machine to find it was only putting out 8 gallons per min when it should be putting out 16 gallons per min. There was also a problem with the front aux Hyd. They were stuck. We also found there was a broken spring on 1 end of the spool and replaced it with a new 1 to repair this problem we then removed the gear pump and found it was badly damaged and installed a new unit and tested and found the gallons per min were now correct but still had a low charge pressure. We checked the charge pressure relief valave assembly to find that the poppet and seat were damaged and the Hyd flow was bypassing causing the low charge pressure. In order to determine the problem the Hyd pump assembly had to be taken apart. Once apart we found the complete assembly needed repair or replacement. We reassembled the pumps and reinstalled. We removed the gear pump and re installed the original pump. We reassembled the machine as requested. The code is still present and the machine will shut down soon after starting. The machine requires a new gear pump hydrostatic pump and probably new drive motors. Repairs to the machine have been declined O ring Spring Gasket Ch, relief Quad ring Element kit, in O ring Spring Lip seal O ring Bill was 4138.65
I hope you got the machine cheap.
Reman. hydrostatic pump $2100
New gear pump $800
Reman. drive motors $2200-3000(depends if its 2 speed or not)

OP
OP
S

Salbendidi

I hope you got the machine cheap.
Reman. hydrostatic pump $2100
New gear pump $800
Reman. drive motors $2200-3000(depends if its 2 speed or not)
I did get the machine cheap. I don't believe it needs new everything. It's not a 2 spd model. I do have a line on a lightly burnt 220 with 2spd pumps. Would this work if no one chimes in with any ideas. I am gonna start pulling pumps. My dads been owner operator of a tramsmission business for 28 years. I am gonna leave the finer work to him.

jlmoon

I did get the machine cheap. I don't believe it needs new everything. It's not a 2 spd model. I do have a line on a lightly burnt 220 with 2spd pumps. Would this work if no one chimes in with any ideas. I am gonna start pulling pumps. My dads been owner operator of a tramsmission business for 28 years. I am gonna leave the finer work to him.
I'm going to wonder where all the metal fragments wound up? I'm sure the hydrostat timing / rotate groups are trashedtoo. The entire machine hydro's will need a good flushing... wow!

Latest posts